Straumann SC

J

JSnyder85

Reaction score
Question. How are you guys restoring Straumann's new SC( small collar) system given the lack of prosthetic options they have available. It seems like they designed this system around only being able to use their CAD system. No ucla's, or stock abutments. Only thing I can find is their variobase abutments, which are very pricey and not ideal for cement retained restorations.

Thoughts?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I didn't know straumann had released another system. I hate manufacturers that close their system to their milling, you ever used straumann milling?...I have, let's just say I was not impressed at all!!!

user name

user name

Reaction score
Ive used them, but usually for screw retained. I have designed and bonded an opaque Zr to complete the contours for the only cement retained Ive done.

Not a big fan. Id rather work on the NC.

D

Dwayne

Reaction score
If it's the oval variobase you refer to. I've done a few of these on the lower anterior. waxed the abutment portion and cast in alloy, then glued to the variobase. If I remember correctly, there is a plastic waxing aid for these. Crowns were all cement retained.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I have done a dozen or so and hate working on them. All the ones I have done a custom TAN Abutments, since they don't make Ti. They made a smaller interface, but kept the same screw as the NC. Then in 3shape when designing TAN abutments the inner limits are SO big that you have to bulk up the design to just get it to validate then manually reduce it. Makes designing custom abutments on then more time consuming. They tried, but i think it wont last too ling.

TAN is a stack able titanium, unlike their Ti.

G

Gev

Reaction score
hi there , i'm new in this forum , have anyone a new version of 3shape ?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
since you are new, i'll excuse this rather strange request for 3shape information in a Straumann conversation.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
because this is talking about the Straumann SC implant, if you are having 3shape issues with Straumann then this conversation needs to happen in a different area.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Straumann SC is available in 3shape.. layered ti (TAN),custom abutments, tibases.. cast-to.

We do a crap ton of them. No issues at all really.
The cuff needs to bulge out a little (custom abut) for it to validate, but that’s my only gripe

Top Bottom