Plaster room setup @home

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'm looking for suggestions and ideas to set up a plaster sink/trap at home.
The challenge is to design something that will be independent of my septic system.
i'd love to just print but there always seems to be a model to pour.

I have a disposable trap but how do I deal with the slurry?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for suggestions and ideas to set up a plaster sink/trap at home.
The challenge is to design something that will be independent of my septic system.
i'd love to just print but there always seems to be a model to pour.

I have a disposable trap but how do I deal with the slurry?
I use the disposable traps, but have no spot to dump them. It's probably decent for plants.

The city dump will take the whole thing here.

I've a full day here already, ping me tomorrow and I'll send you pics of what I had when I had no running water.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
SHort version, 3.5 gal disposable that drains to a 5 gal bucket. Dump 5gal as needed.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Its very basic but I don't see a way around it.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
What kind of septic do you have ? Do you have a septic field as well ? If so, I wouldn't worry too much, chain some bucket traps together like 2 or 3 and those will take care of your sediment issues.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Don't you have an office ? Why working from home ?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Dry trimmer, cheap paper towels (napkins, toilet paper) to wipe bowls.
Impression scanning too. Just pour a check model.
I have to adapt that workflow but I'm concerned about increase in garbage . My city only picks up paper or garbage every other week.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Impression scanning too. Just pour a check model.
I have to adapt that workflow but I'm concerned about increase in garbage . My city only picks up paper or garbage every other week.
I put out work like a freak, and most is still stone stuff. I can get buy with a 5 gallon pail of yuk once a month easy; thats all trimmings and stone waste.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Put a couple traps in line, I like the little Glecko traps because they’re easy to dispose of. I’d use a Glecko trap followed by a more traditional type. Have your wife change the Glecko trap regularly.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I put out work like a freak, and most is still stone stuff. I can get buy with a 5 gallon pail of yuk once a month easy; thats all trimmings and stone waste.
Where does your slurry go? Do you have a separate sink connected to a bucket?

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
When I worked for my uncle many moons ago, his lab was in his house and he had a septic system, we used one of the 5 gal disposable traps and it was never a problem.
I know this because I was low man on the totem pole back then and changing the trap was in my job description.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Where does your slurry go? Do you have a separate sink connected to a bucket?
I have a small bar sink, no goose neck trap underneath. PVC pipe runs to the basement into a 5 gallon trap. Very little waste because I dont mix much more than needed. Ive collected small scoops from protein powders n stuff, so i know what it takes to pour a few impressions or a base. Its usually half full every 6 months. I swap buckets, then let the used one stand and settle, pouring off clear water once in a while. Eventually its just dry old mud I can dump in a box with a trash bag liner and set out for collection.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Same here, I have a utility spoon that one spoonful takes care of one quadrant. Very little waste, and as you said, use paper towels to clean the bowl etc.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I have a small bar sink, no goose neck trap underneath. PVC pipe runs to the basement into a 5 gallon trap. Very little waste because I dont mix much more than needed. Ive collected small scoops from protein powders n stuff, so i know what it takes to pour a few impressions or a base. Its usually half full every 6 months. I swap buckets, then let the used one stand and settle, pouring off clear water once in a while. Eventually its just dry old mud I can dump in a box with a trash bag liner and set out for collection.
thanks user.

Top Bottom