PCDL

Reaction score
Xy accuracy of 47 microns.
Z axis thickness can go down to 1.25 microns
Open source, can use variety of resins
Free slicer software for nesting files
Spare parts cheap and on Amazon
Print time is the big drawback at 10-20mm/hr

This was my test print. Only post processing was wash in ipa and cure for 5mins. Printed with no additional supports, just as you see it.

Any guesses?? Oh, and it's under $1000

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Xy accuracy of 47 microns.
Z axis thickness can go down to 1.25 microns
Open source, can use variety of resins
Free slicer software for nesting files
Spare parts cheap and on Amazon
Print time is the big drawback at 10-20mm/hr

This was my test print. Only post processing was wash in ipa and cure for 5mins. Printed with no additional supports, just as you see it.

View attachment 32145

Any guesses?? Oh, and it's under $1000
Anycubic Photon is my guess.

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
Yep. Photon. $429 with coupon on Amazon.

Little bastard does great next to my Bego printer... Boxing

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Yep. Photon. $429 with coupon on Amazon.

Little bastard does great next to my Bego printer... Boxing
Been thinking about it myself. There's a dentist on Ytube that reviewed it. Definitely would try it.

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
Im shocked at it, really. I could line up 10 of them and make a little farm.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Tried printing a model with removeble die?
The lack of visible slouching is impressive. Please show off more of your work with it.

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
really promising. Please show how the models print. will this printer be able to print out accuracy and details full arch try in denture that i can copy ?

B

basler

Reaction score
Photon is amazing little printer ,the second version photon s was just released should be small but good upgrade in the consistency of the prints
phrozen shuffle is almost double the price but the consistency of prints is way better then the photon, it just keeps printing with almost no failures.

B

basler

Reaction score
really promising. Please show how the models print. will this printer be able to print out accuracy and details full arch try in denture that i can copy ?
yes no problem at all
I print denture try in and temp hybrids to evaluate the esthetics before the final prosthesis.Still process the conventional way
I have failures on the photon almost none on the phrozen the quality of the prints is close.
Same hybrid printed in two different materials bottom is straight from the printer no adjustment and the top after glaze and pink composite applied.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
yes no problem at all
I print denture try in and temp hybrids to evaluate the esthetics before the final prosthesis.Still process the conventional way
I have failures on the photon almost none on the phrozen the quality of the prints is close.
Same hybrid printed in two different materials bottom is straight from the printer no adjustment and the top after glaze and pink composite applied.
View attachment 32152
😳:Congrats:

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
yes no problem at all
View attachment 32152
which phrozen do you have? care to spill the beans about it some? open source, nesting software, accuracy?> also print time, build platform size.
been digging up info on these printers but they dont have a whole lot of useful stuff for our industry posted online IMHO

Last edited:
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Im shocked at it, really. I could line up 10 of them and make a little farm.
thats a pretty slow print though. still, worth it to line up 10 of them? thats a lot of lab real estate........but still not much in $$ invested.
what are you curing with?

B

basler

Reaction score
which phrozen do you have? care to spill the beans about it some? open source, nesting software, accuracy?> also print time, build platform size.
been digging up info on these printers but they dont have a whole lot of useful stuff for our industry posted online IMHO
Sure ask a question if I can answer I ll try to help
I have both Phrozen shuffle and shuffle XL and 3 anycubic photon since I`m lazy to switch resins.\All of them are open source so can use most the resins avalable on the market if you have a profile,nexdent,dentca,detax,dreve,kara resins(those are dentca resins basically).
If speed is not a issue these printers work juat good not at the level of Asiga or nextdent 5100 which are fast.

PHROZEN SHUFFLE: $799

Technical Specification

• Printer Size: 28 * 28 * 42 cm
  • Printer Weight: 16 Kg
  • Printing Volume: 12 * 6.8 * 20 cm
  • XY Resolution: 47 µm
  • Z Resolution: 10 µm
  • Printing Speed: 30 mm per hour
  • Recommended Layer Height: 10 - 100 µm
https://3dprinteruniverse.com/produ...MImt6FhryT4QIVCi5pCh0O6A0cEAQYASABEgKecfD_BwE

PHROZEN SHUFFLE XL:
  • $1,299
Technical Specification
  • Printer Size: 39 * 29 * 47 cm
  • Printer Weight: 21.5 Kg
  • Printing Volume: 19 * 12 * 20 cm => Large Area Print
  • XY Resolution: 75 µm

https://3dprinteruniverse.com/produ...l-lcd-resin-3d-printer?variant=13612026953833

ANYCUBIC PHOTON LCD $429
you can get this one for $350-370 from anycubic ebay store since the new model is out

Printing:
  • Technology: DLP
  • Technique: LCD Shadow Masking
  • Light-source : UV integrated light(wavelength 405nm)
  • XY DPI : 47um (2560*1440)
  • Y axis resolution : 1.25um
  • Layer resolution : 25 ~ 100um
  • Printing speed : 20mm/h
  • Rated Power : 40W

https://3dprinteruniverse.com/colle...-lcd-sla-uv-resin-3d-printer-with-touchscreen

Photos S was just released in the US

https://www.3dprintersbay.com/anycu...MInaC8sr6T4QIVyrXACh0zogMxEAQYASABEgLPt_D_BwE

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Sure ask a question if I can answer I ll try to help
I have both Phrozen shuffle and shuffle XL and 3 anycubic photon since I`m lazy to switch resins.\All of them are open source so can use most the resins avalable on the market if you have a profile,nexdent,dentca,detax,dreve,kara resins(those are dentca resins basically).
If speed is not a issue these printers work juat good not at the level of Asiga or nextdent 5100 which are fast.

PHROZEN SHUFFLE: $799

Technical Specification

• Printer Size: 28 * 28 * 42 cm
  • Printer Weight: 16 Kg
  • Printing Volume: 12 * 6.8 * 20 cm
  • XY Resolution: 47 µm
https://3dprinteruniverse.com/produ...MImt6FhryT4QIVCi5pCh0O6A0cEAQYASABEgKecfD_BwE

PHROZEN SHUFFLE XL:
  • $1,299
Technical Specification
  • Printer Size: 39 * 29 * 47 cm
  • Printer Weight: 21.5 Kg
  • Printing Volume: 19 * 12 * 20 cm => Large Area Print
  • XY Resolution: 75 µm
https://3dprinteruniverse.com/produ...l-lcd-resin-3d-printer?variant=13612026953833

ANYCUBIC PHOTON LCD $429
you can get this one for $350-370 from anycubic ebay store since the new model is out

Printing:
  • Technology: DLP
  • Technique: LCD Shadow Masking
  • Light-source : UV integrated light(wavelength 405nm)
  • XY DPI : 47um (2560*1440)
  • Y axis resolution : 1.25um
  • Layer resolution : 25 ~ 100um
  • Printing speed : 20mm/h
  • Rated Power : 40W
https://3dprinteruniverse.com/colle...-lcd-sla-uv-resin-3d-printer-with-touchscreen

Photos S was just released in the US

https://www.3dprintersbay.com/anycu...MInaC8sr6T4QIVyrXACh0zogMxEAQYASABEgLPt_D_BwE
i like the build plate on the XL, but we lose resolution.
are you printing dentures only or some models for c/b too?
of course after i made my previous post i found some of those details, so my apologies for looking like a lazy slug haha!

what are you using for curing?

and you say they are pretty fast, what does fast mean to you? CaraPrint is boasting about 2hr to print a denture base and teeth. thats uber fast and may be worth the investment....but if its 4hr to print a denture with the XL or photon, they might be a better option and just set up 3-4 of them in the lab!

B

basler

Reaction score
For clean up and curing I use the formlabs wash and cure ,overpriced but I ]have tried almost everything else DIY and cheaper units just doesnt worth the time and effort ,they work flawless in my hands I wish I had them from day one.Banghead

Speed is not requirement for me since everything I need is printing overnight I can care less if is 2,4,8 or 12 hours...lol

I print denture try ins,immediate dentures which are replaced with conventional process denture in 4-6 months ,temp hybrids,models for clear aligners,surgical guides,splints and occasional c&b model with dies (they are not perfect the first try it needs tweaking in exocad or shape but after couple of tries they just fine no complains there) .

So far in my hands I have had Moonray S, Formlabs 2,Moai ,wanhao Duplicator 7 ,Cara, Juell for couple of weeks and probably something else that i dont remember...
I end up with 3 Photons and Shufle and shufle XL.I ll get one of the photon S just to see what is new wit that unit.
For my needs I dont need speed and I dont print a lot c&b models.

I would rather have 4 printers for redundancy then one fast one ......that is just me ...

In case one goes down I grab the printer and dump it in the trash,switch the resin vat to the next one and move one with my day.

I had small issues with the moonray and Cara great printers but when they are down I m screwed I dont need support that cant do crap over the phone and im spending hours on the phone with repair department tinkering LCD screen projector,firmware ..screw that....... I would rather spend time on the front end learn how the printer works and then if issue arise fix it fast or dump the unit .

Photon printer cost less then bottle of nexdent or cara temp material....:rolleyes:

If models were requirement i would get asiga max perfect models every single time ,open system super fast for half of the price just get the LCD version that was just announced which would be slower but same resolution.
The new Monnray looks like a big improvement over the old one also.

annsman

annsman

Reaction score
Can you show your model and removable die. We just got our formlabs2 out again to work. It can only do about max 6 quads at a time and it takes all night.
We put it away cause enough times we came in the next morning to find it stalled or got stuck in some way and the days work was missing.
Whats the best printer for models? The models do come out nice It was 3300 plus all the goodies came to about 5000

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Question, how homemade can we get on digital printing. Is there an FDA or patent line we could cross? I'm assuming the finished product is using FDA approved products and are the same or better quality as traditional made.