IPC

L

labdude

Reaction score
The Iman power component is protected by Great Lakes. The words "Spring Aligner" were protected by Professional Positioners, now part of AOA.

Probably should change the name a bit, somethimg like," spring loaded distalizer" would work.

By the way, I tried to purchase the parts for the IPC from Great Lakes a little over a year ago. They weren't for sale to anyone for any price. Only to drs by pres. for the appliance itself. They available now??

This is the same I found concerning getting a RPE with sheaths welded to it. They were available for a short time, then went off the market. I traced them to AOA, they refuse to sell the RPE with sheaths and have an exclusive hold on that product now.

This kind of chicken**** behavior gets me really pissed. These guys couldn't hold on to certain bits of business any other way. Folks like Trisha, Cade, and myself can hold them by the nose and kick their asses any day of the week.
The both of these "businesses" also have a strong hold on the price of Herbst parts. Herbst is another name protected by Dentarum. Maybe it still is.

Doesn't this type of "financial control" of free market just get your adrenaline flowing?? Does mine.
Mike.

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
Great point!
I like "Spring Loaded Distalizer"
I believe the IPC are for sale to us normal folk. I got to email back and forth with Don Inman about my site, I had mentioned the IPCs and the man, God bless him, sent me like 10 of them and a Huge demo IPC. I though that was cool, he stated in a letter to me that they were working out some manufacturing issues before they released them to the labs. It looks like, according to the site, You will have to order directly though them, though. They are not selling them through GLO
InmanPower.com
About the RPE with sheaths is this what you were talking about? Kinda like cement-able T-Rex? [See attachment]
I found these in a catalogue I got ~ "Ortho Lab Mart " from American Tooth Industries. Prices are set at:
RPE (w/2 sheaths) 1 pc $66.76 :eek:
Rpe (w/2sheaths and ball hooks) same price

I dont get why some companies try to force Doctors to use their labs by only offering an appliance (that they heavily advertise) thru there lab. It seems to me it limits the market. I know many doctors who would love to try it but would rather work closely with their local lab when they try something new. Instead of dealing with a total new lab. It seems to me that they would sell a lot more product if they sell to "components" to the local labs. And reach a lot more doctors through all the "local" labs.
THat is why I made RetainerDesigner.com free for all labs to use. I didn't want to force doctors to use my lab just so their patients can use a stupid website to design their retainers. You know how many doctors I would reach? the exact number that I already work for! But if I open it up to any lab to use then Doctors across the nation will be exposed to the site.

THeres my rant

RetainerNerd
Cade
Picture 2.jpg

L

labdude

Reaction score
Thanks again Cade.
Your showing experience like you've been at it for 20 years.
Now, I have to get those IPC parts, at last. They are so perfect for many appliances.
I will also check out the RPE supply. Some drs have requested the all metal Pendulum and T-Rex and I haven't been able to get the parts. I used to get the parts then they became unavailable again.
Nothing I like more than starting up doing a certain appliance, then I have to tell the Dr I can't make it anymore. I do make it absolutely clear to them why.

You the man Cade! Thanks for the info!!
Mike.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Was I noting a little man love towards Cade by Mike there?

L

labdude

Reaction score
What??? You interested in a 3 way???

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Handle your business Mike......I'll leave you two alone......lol

trisha

trisha

Reaction score
Okay boys~where is your decorum?

This is a repeat of my last response on another thread. IPC will sell to us lonely lab owners there "product". GL will start selling them to us in May.

L

labdude

Reaction score
:smokin:2All over the inside of my lab are my decorations.
Lab talk Trisha, your in with the bad boys now.

trisha

trisha

Reaction score
Cade~ you said that you had made an IPC appliance, did you purchase the component, key and niti coil from IPC directly?

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
I was actually lucky, Don Inman sent me some to test out. He sent IPC's some open coil, and a giant IPC (for demonstration purposes). No adjusting tool but I will order one of those if I get a reorder from a doctor. He sent me these because we were emailing back and forth about my website and I had mentioned them, asking the release date. So he sent me some that came the next day. He's awesome.
He did put a warning in with them explaining that I may want to use these as demonstration models, because they were having some issues with the "locks" (the sliding part) slipping. They were testing the new ones. So the ones you order will probably be the new locks. I can send you a couple of these if you want, just let me know.

Funny story, when I got his package in.. I opened it up anf the giant IPC (about 12" long) feel out.:eek:I was like " these things are HUGE!" then i saw the little ones in the package and was relieved.:eek:

trisha

trisha

Reaction score
That was really nice of him to send you some to sample. Was it difficult to work with at all? I just ordered 2IPCs w/key and NiTi, so I might be picking your brain when it comes to making this.:rolleyes:
How is your webcam coming along?
trisha

L

labdude

Reaction score
Cade, careful you don't get a dark smudge on your nose.(D.Inman)
I did order some parts today. IPC units, open coil spring, tubing. No tools for adjusting. Drs. will use other tools. One thing that will turn them off is having to keep a special tool around. The couple of guys I do Distal Jets for are o.k. with the tool for that appliance. I only make those for drs. that ask for them, I don't "talk them up."
Why doesn't Donal sell these things through his lab?? Space Maintainers doesn't seem all that interested in handling them. When I called, Steve was away from his desk, all day. They called me back today with some answers to simple questions no one could answer but Steve. Things like "What size tubing do I need??" "What size open coil spring".
Part of their reply to me today was they didn't have answers as these things are usually used in the lab. Which is what Space Maintainers is. Their interest in selling these items is crap. With Donal going to the AAO to sell these things, he is clearly going to sell to drs., not labs. So the issue of Space Maintainers retardation isn't a big deal.
With that Cade, you may be offered type of "deal" by Donal. As being a major supplier of the appliance, maybe or maybe not a seller of the parts. If so, go for it. If something like that takes place, and you don't go for it.....somebody else will.(not me)
I personally don't give a crap so long as I can get the parts. Time will tell how they hold up. Various things like this over the years have been developed. Some have insurmountable problems, some don't.
Problem with the IPC has been stated, the slipping of the locking part.
IPC will do just fine so long as there aren't a lot of failures in that area.
I've dealt with different "goodies" in the past that were great at first. Some would have made it if not for lack of QC in manufacture. (distalizers,rpe's,expanders etc.)

L

labdude

Reaction score
Trisha,
You been over to inmanpower.com???
Shows the uses for the IPC.

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
With that Cade, you may be offered type of "deal" by Donal. As being a major supplier of the appliance, maybe or maybe not a seller of the parts. If so, go for it. If something like that takes place, and you don't go for it.....somebody else will.(not me)

Good point, I will keep my eyes and ears open!

trisha

trisha

Reaction score
Mike I checked out that website. Called to ask for info, they never called me back. FInally I called back to order a set, The set of 2 is going to cost about $74:eek: Good idea for Cade to be a supplier for the IPC. Not real thrilled w/the customer service at IPC, hopefully the product will make up for it.
trisha

L

labdude

Reaction score
Their main idea is to sell the appliance to drs. That's why the AAO meeting. To extend the awareness of the IPC and also Space Maintainers south east.
Us lab folks, we have to take what we can get sometimes.
I hope the locking mechanism back up problem is fixed, and also, that we as labs don't get sold an inferior product.(their old stuff)
This is as close as it gets to not being able to get them at all. But, if they are displaying them at the AAO, could be good for business in IPC appliances.
Here's the catch, it will almost always cost you or I more to make them, with a smaller profit margin to boot. Thing SpaceMaintainers can't compete with is our ability to turn around quickly to our local drs.

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
I wonder if Space Matainers is just handling the selling of them until GL takes over. Im sure the Locking mechanism is will be fixed. Because it will make the IPC's look bad to the doctors not the lab if they fail.
Trisha~ let me know if they come with instructions, if not you need to remember to add a .036 wire distal to the lock as a security measure. In Case the lock gets pushed (Activated) during the processing of the appliance.

I talked to the office manager of the Doctor I made the IPC molar distalizer for, and she said that the appliance went in without a hitch, the Pt will be back 4-30-08 for a check-up we will see then how it works....(or worked)

trisha

trisha

Reaction score
Cade, Thanks for the info on the 036 wire to lock it so it does not active! Glad that it worked for Dr.
good job
trisha

trisha

trisha

Reaction score
Cade,
Did you get any guidance on how to create the appliance w/the IPC? I just received my delivery today.
trisha

Top Bottom