IPC

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
Cade,
Did you get any guidance on how to create the appliance w/the IPC? I just received my delivery today.
trisha

THere were some instructions on the back of a brouchure I got with the IPC's. Did you get anything?
I could scan this for you, if you want.

Cade

L

labdude

Reaction score
These guys, if they want to sell parts to labs, need to improve. I have only told 1 dr. about the availability. I have learned from past experience about new goodies.
I would hope they would at least include a brochure with their IPC parts. I ordered from them last Wed. I checked back today, they say they shipped to me on Friday.
Thing a have to be a little quicker than that.

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
I just remembered that one of my doctors has the brochure, I will need to get it back from him. Then I can scan the instructions for ya'll. Just a warning its more like tips than instructions.
I noticed GLO had and AD for IPCs on the back of there AAO special catalog (to be released in May) I'm sure we all will start ordering from them, they are more predictable.

trisha

trisha

Reaction score
IPC info

I could scan this for you, if you want
Would you please, that could be helpful
I would hope they would at least include a brochure with their IPC parts
:mad:Ya you would think
I hope GLO gives us more info, they are usually really good about assisting you on technical issues.
trisha

Last edited:
Inman Labs

Inman Labs

Reaction score
Hello All:

Here is the story…

I started developing the IPC about 5 years ago.
I spent a fortune in prototyping, engineering and legal costs and reached out to Great Lakes and Space Maintainers. The agreement was that they would have exclusivity of the IPC until January of 2007 in return they would guarantee me a minim upfront purchase of the IPCs and an annual minimum purchase as well. This purchase put much needed money back in my pocket and it seemed like a fair deal, I took it.

Great Lakes had some issues fabricating the appliances, they were bending the distal tins of the locks and sliding them on after the appliances were finished then they would bend the tins back on to the IPC shaft. The lock was not engineered to be bastardized and this resulted in locks slipping. I flew up to Great Lakes and trained with them….problem resolved.

Then I changed manufacturers of the IPC for reasons I wont get into, the new manufacturer sent us beautiful looking samples and under magnification much better machined. We started using the IPCs from the new manufacturer and within a few months we were getting reports of locks slipping. When we tested the locks we found that the metal was too soft and even thought the looked great they were weak compared to the original manufacturer.

The new manufacture and I redesigned the lock and it is so strong that the shaft will fail before the lock will ever slip, email me and I will send you a video we made proving this..or teach me how to post it here and I will do it.

I am guaranteeing these locks will not slip!

I have told both Great Lakes and Space Maintainers they have violated the agreement.
I have told both of them if they will not sell the IPCs I will.
If you have any problem purchasing the IPCs call me, I will sell them to you!

Here is what I wish to do for you for the problems you have experienced.

Email me your address and I will send you 4 IPCs at no cost.
I will sell you the .012 X .045 niti open coil spring if you need it.
The tubes we use are .040 ID, you can get them from many sources or I can sell them to you. The laser welded cantilever tube featured on the 2008 IPC Distalizer will be available from Great Lakes or again, I will sell them to you.
I will send you photos of the newer appliances and you can email me or call me with any questions you might have. I really hope you take me up on this offer, the IPC is the best idea I have ever had and it really is a wonderful and versatile component.

Regards,
Don

L

labdude

Reaction score
Hi Don,
At the moment, there is a problem with the site, at least for me, maybe others. I was able to "get in" by using may e-mail.
Anyhow.......absolutely wonderful and kind of you to post here!!! I hope this an on going thing.
I have majorly attacked Space Maintainers here, as per our phone conversation, they have been an exsisting problem, in the background, for many years. Enough on them.

You are far and above what I excpected. Your interest in sharing and helping to make things right on all levels is outstanding.
Mike.

Inman Labs

Inman Labs

Reaction score
Mike:

Just let me know how I can help.....

There is plenty of work out there for all of us!

Don

L

labdude

Reaction score
How about sharing completely??
I have heard the talk of there is plenty of work out there for all of us before, many times. Usually at PCSO meetings or AAO meetings.
Thing is, these same folks at the same time will, and have, interupted conversations with doctors at meetings, right at my display booth. "HI BOB!!!" or some such thing, shakeing hands being loud while tugging the doctor away. Doctors are very P R related for the most part, the meetings are quite open, they try to be friendly.
Just that, when I here, "Theres plenty of work out there for all of us" it puts me on my guard. The example of behavior above ("Hi BOB") is a small sample of the tactics I have experienced. Those experiences didn't sour me to the meetings and exhibiting, they fueled my competitive nature.
Now, here at this site, I enjoy complete sharing of what I have learned and developed.
Mike.

Last edited:
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Now, here at this site, I enjoy complete sharing of what I have learned and developed.
Mike.

And we totally appreciate it Mike, at least I know I do, and thanks to all who donate their time on this website, very informative and helpful......still won't get me to bend any wire though (I suck at it)........lol

trisha

trisha

Reaction score
Don,
Thank you for taking the time to explain why we are struggling with the vendors on these IPC's.

Top Bottom