Identica Blue

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Wow! I haven't heard about that one!? Medit is really putting the pressure on everyone else.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
They don't have any info at their website . I am so curious about accuracy , megapixels etc .

I have a meeting with them scheduled at Tuesday at the IDS , so I will let you guys know !

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
The camera is 1.3mp,

EDIT ...WOOPS I think thats the other scanner

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
The camera is 1.3mp,

EDIT ...WOOPS I think thats the other scanner

Yes John this is the other scanner . I couldn't find any specs for the new scanner at their website , I guess they will have everything after the IDS .

R

Rickrag

Reaction score
I spoke with Doug Taylor of Medit USA last week about the new scanner and its details. I called him based on your hint at a new scanner Scott. It is a blue light scanner that has a larger chassis framework to be able to accept articulators etc. The idea behind the blue light is it allows for two of the four sides of the scanner to be open and not be as affected by ambient light. The cameras are 4.3 megapixel and have been realigned to better allow for scanning impressions. He made on mention of accuracy. It is being shown at the IDS and pricing has not yet been determined. I don't believe it is ready for release just yet and Doug has intimated that he may allow me (as well as others) to clinically beta test the scanner when he returns from Germany. If and when I get more info I'll pass it on.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I will have One or more at Lab Day East in a few weeks.

I have known about it for a while now.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I do not think that is a Medit scanner. It's Green light, and completly different scanner.
Not from same company at all. ZFX, I think, is semi-closed system in the US and associated with Zimmer.
They don't like to talk on the phone, and a couple questions seem to make them mad for some reason?

I tried to communicate with them a couple times, but....?

They are not premium reseller of Medit. I think they moved on to another company now.

Last edited:
French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
Exact Scotty , and the ZFX implant library is closed , You can't send your files to another center ....

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Exact Scotty , and the ZFX implant library is closed , You can't send your files to another center ....

Every time I read Cadmans post and he quotes your name I think of this movie.

[video=youtube_share;WFCOa4tjHeo]http://youtu.be/WFCOa4tjHeo[/video]

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
I wonder how the new 3Shape D900 will fair against this guy (blue led technology also, 4x 5.0mp cameras, color scanning...)

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
You can turn almost any scanner into Blue or Green or Red if you really want. Even the current Medit model.

Access the Projectors menu and turn down the Two colors you do not want to use.

Nothing really fancy about it IMO. I did this with my old Sinergia scanner. It was White, and I made it Blue.

It worked just like that. :p

Many many scanners work in ambient light, without the need for special housing or ?? Even the White light.

I think the whole thing about the Blue, is that the wave-length is shorter the more you go down the Spectrum of emissions for Electro Magnetic Radiation.

Red being One of the longest visible light waves. The Shorter light waves are more desirable and data from that is more predictable?

Last edited:
P

paulg100

Reaction score
been looking at this also as might be in the market for a scanner soon.

waiting for availability and pricing at the moment.

the 3shape d900 looks pretty awesome but its out of my $$ range and the yearly fee is a huge turn off.

think me brothers waiting for a demo of 3shape's new IOS Pod set up. Should be interesting.

trouble is i dont see the SLA models being good enough for his anterior work as theres not enough detail so not sure how much use its going to be.

Last edited:
Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
At the IDS they told me that it will be available around summertime and it will be a more expensive than the one they are selling now . But also they told me it will be faster and better .

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, they won't deliver any to me this spring.

No date yet. Maybe late summer Paul Moon said last night to me.

fokking stupid of them to even announce it and put it on their web-site 6 months before you can buy it.

Does not make any sense. They should have just kept their mouths shut about the scanner untill it was ready.

Just like me and my mill I guess. LOL

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Yeah, they won't deliver any to me this spring.

No date yet. Maybe late summer Paul Moon said last night to me.

fokking stupid of them to even announce it and put it on their web-site 6 months before you can buy it.

Does not make any sense. They should have just kept their mouths shut about the scanner untill it was ready.

Just like me and my mill I guess. LOL

I guess they wanted to have something new for the IDS , with all this scanner frenzy . Even GC had a scanner at exocad booth , which is not ready yet , just to show it to the people .

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
I was looking at the current specs - why are there no scanners out there working with USB 3.0 interface? is it just not needed? very curious.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
My Steinbichler uses a very special firewire conection to the camera. Point Grey - Imaging Products - Flea2 CCD FireWire 800 Cameras

Camera is from Point Grey Research, in Canada.

The Medit uses a cheaper version that uses USB, also from Point Grey Research.

These are very expensive machine-vision cameras, not for home use. The Steinbichler uses a mono-color camera for the Blue light.

Medit will switch to this same type in the summer.