ZirkonZahn Construction Files and Straumann Custom Abutments

M

MushMaster

Reaction score
Got an inquiry for ZZ users. Please read carefully as it contains many details that may be of importance.

I have been trying to create some Straumann custom abutments. Imported the CARES centralized milling library and Straumann parameters v. 4.0. (I realize there is v5.0, just haven't tried the new parameters yet as I'm not in the lab).

Issue 1 - Material:
Once designed/saved/finalized, the Straumann portal prompts to choose the directory/folder of the construction file. After selecting so, there are errors saying the material in the order don't match up with the construction file. In the error it shows something like, "Must be 'TAN (Abutment) or CoCr (Abutment)". ZirkonZahn was kind enough to show me how to change the material tag in the construction file to, in my case TAN. (While I did specify this in the Archive before) After the change, the portal allows me to send the order.

Issue 2 - Non exisitng crown:
I get a call from Straumann explaining that the order contained a colour 'Bleach 1' (which to me looks like a typical default shade for whatever it would be); however, a TAN abutment doesn't take a shade of course. So where did this come from? Representative couldn't tell me, it's probably something on my side, but what exactly no one can tell). So, I investigated myself and ...

When I'm in the ZZ Archive to setup the case for these abutments, I first load up the Straumann work parameters. As ZZ users (and some vanilla Exocad users) will know, is that first, you'd need to select the corresponding position of the abutment (tooth number),after which you have to specify what you want to do with that tooth. (In this case, I can't choose something like 'abutment', I'd have to click on for example, any restoration type first, let's say I choose a full contour crown, then specify that this will be on an abutment, then choose the material of the abutment. Once in Modellier to design, I guess the construction file will then automatically contain this 'full contour crown' which Straumann doesn't know what to do with as the order I place, does not contain the actual crown; rather, just the abutment?

I wonder if you have a solution for this very particular issue with these particular givens. ZirkonZahn software, Straumann Portal, material errors and/or Straumann unable to process due to the construction file containing excess information that seemingly stalls Straumann's production.

If you need more information, please let me know, happy to help because the issue has been going on for quite some time I'm highly frustrated at this point. It's one of those situations where both companies refer to each other to fix the issue, leaving me unable to design my own abutments.

Thanks a heap!

G

grantoz

Reaction score
ok mush tell us a bit about yourself before we give you our souls

M

MushMaster

Reaction score
I am the Devil ... so please do give me all your souls! What do you want to know? Registered DT here, been in the field for about eight years. Started going digital about four years ago and invested in the ZZ environment. Really like the company and their hardware/software. I've been wanting to design my own abutments and Straumann abutments in particular as this is the request by some of our clients, but I am growing increasingly frustrated with the issue(s) described above and thought I would pick your souls to see what I information I can extract from them. đź‘ż

Top Bottom