Zirconium dioxide implant abutments for posterior single tooth replacement – First re

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
For crying out loud Travis!
Stop it already..... It takes .02 sec to find a decent shread of info to post.

Watch..... (2 year old vid)

[YOUTUBE]mexhis0TvEE[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
From the research I did last year they weren't having good success with them osseointergating. Are any approved in the US? I thought they were Europe and not doing so great. If they were wouldn't the mainstream implant companies be advertising them?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
From the research I did last year they weren't having good success with them osseointergating. Are any approved in the US? I thought they were Europe and not doing so great. If they were wouldn't the mainstream implant companies be advertising them?

No they would not! They would loose all their business because I'd be milling them. No more work for Nobel, Zimmer, etc...It will happen soon.

Bye bye implant companies!! You won't be missed one bit in my lab.

Think Daniel-son. (Mr Miagi)

Zirconia has proved itself many many times in hips. osseointegration was never an issue. Actually it has proven to have soft-tissue grow to it better than titanium or anything and regeneration of soft tissue growing up the Zirconia is great. No rejection, complete integration. Don't know what your talk'n'bout my brother from another mother.

Last edited:
Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
After some more searching a few things come out. First there is a real lack of clincal data on success. Most is from small studies in Europe. Next is Z is the right color for aesthetics which is great. Is it too rigid and subject to fracture is the next question. I know there are finger and toe joints made in Z but those aren't subjected to a lateral force like an implant would. Something like .05% of people are allergic to T so they both are good on that front. The only issue I see with you milling them is can you mill the head and internal theads and will they hold up? Not every implant can be a monolithic style (which is one reason the early ones didn't catch on). There is some hybrid styles with Z and T. The shape is not a problem, just scan a current T implant so the same bone drills can be used.;)
Another issue is there is a push towards biogeneration of teeth and will that knock off other materials when that comes about. I'm sure more money is flowing to that than Z implants.

Of course you can go to Bulgaria for some Z implants. Might as well get some **** too!
Dental Implants in Bulgaria - Sofia - London - New York City NYC - HolidayDentistry.com

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
What internal threads? Did you not watch the vid??

The implant and abutment are one piece!

No abutment needed, we design that on the actual implant (patient specific)
You know the custom wheel locks, with a matching socket to wrench on.

I'll make a matching socket that only fits that one implant/abutment for the doc to torq.

The color will be added as the FDA approves it. We could have a rainbow on the Zirconia (Gingiva base with tooth coloured abutment...all one piece)

This is the the truth and the light. Amen.

Get some what? Weed? PuXXy in Bulagaria? What has four letters that is fun and illegal?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Hip joints are most common in Zr. Is that enough load for you?

It is one of the toughest materials we have to work with at the moment.

Titanium is around 930 Mpa

Zr is well over 1200 Mpa.

What other questions you got?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Another issue is there is a push towards biogeneration of teeth and will that knock off other materials when that comes about. I'm sure more money is flowing to that than Z implants.

What ever dude.

They will not be the right shape or color. For now, it's only science fiction.

Top Bottom