WorkNC

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
BTW, Jordan.....see the icon we have on SUM3d that we can use to also adjust the screw hole, depth, and others?

The Icon with a tooth and hole? To the left of the Bar icon... Is this what you think SUM3d is missing?? It is not missing at all, and I promise we can do everything WORKNC can do and more....easier. Just to clear up another misunderstanding on your part.

We can most certianly edit these things after the fact. It is a fully featured, premium CAM with all correct tools needed for implants and bars. Very easy to use IMO.

Cheers!

90 major updates for 2012 alone!

http://www.sum3ddental.com/notesugliaggiornamenti/SUM3DDENTAL/2012/

Last edited:
Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
so once the file is imported the cam just converts to triangles of the surface into continuous lines? or circles? i was mistaken. my apologies. They're giving me a web conference on it later this week. It keeps sounding better and better! sorry to de-rail the thread back to workNC.

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Luigi tells me this....

It is fully automatic in SUM3d.

There is nothing for a human to do.

There is a matching exocad library built within SUM3d, but you will never see it, and never know what is happening.

stl triabngles are replaced with different CAD format for the interface.

Dentaleng

Dentaleng

Reaction score
That is, there is a similar library (milling) built into the CAM. That is what I had been telling.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Well, it is not visable to the end user, and there is no need for end user to do any manual matching.

IMO, this is better than the WorkNC solution. Same, but better. No?

greeny

greeny

Sponsors
Reaction score
Well, it is not visable to the end user, and there is no need for end user to do any manual matching.

IMO, this is better than the WorkNC solution. Same, but better. No?

It's good to know that you aren't using raw stl data to mill the interfaces. However, there still a lot of advantages to using the process in WorkNC for many of our customers (and potential customers) - just maybe not your process. Please remember that Datron is a machine manufacturer and our goal is to provide the best solution for many different lab's process. WorkNC gives us that flexibility (like when a customer is using 3shape and their interface is output as part of the stl and their XML only contains the location and axis for each implant). When you say it's so much easier, we're talking about 2 mouse clicks and 5 seconds, so that's being a little dramatic (especially considering the added customization the user has when needed).

Anyway, I'll comb though this thread and answer some of your concerns when I get a chance - there are a lot of things that were said that isn't the case and I'll do my best to explain why. Datron also has customers using Sum3D to create their parts, and because we have over 70 machines worldwide, we have the luxury of actual field testing many, many processes to cut bars and implants (our customers are very good at reporting what's working for them and what's not). This is why we've decided to use WorkNC in house in the US... however, as I said, remember Datron's goal - to integrate the D5 into a lab's current design process (and offer an alternative if we/they think it's necessary). This is most easily accomplished in many cases with WorkNC's added flexibility.

I hope you can understand where we're coming from and personally speaking, getting into an overly lengthy discussion (which appears to have turned into an argument from your "passionate" posts;)) about CAM software that Datron didn't even design, for reasons unrelated to our applications, is very low on my list of priorities. LOL

In the meantime, here's another case we designed on exocad and calculated using WorkNC last Friday. I'll post more detailed pics of the finish quality in our vendor thread:

ai1172.photobucket.com_albums_r580_jtgreeny_IMG_20121012_183938_zpsc74cdf50.jpg

ai1172.photobucket.com_albums_r580_jtgreeny_IMG_20121012_183920_zps417393b4.jpg
ai1172.photobucket.com_albums_r580_jtgreeny_IMG_20121012_183938_zpsc74cdf50.jpg ai1172.photobucket.com_albums_r580_jtgreeny_IMG_20121012_183920_zps417393b4.jpg

Dentaleng

Dentaleng

Reaction score
Noble has been doing from the past 5 years. Delcam has been doing these from past 2 years. Automated and manual both. Very easily customisable to accommodate any implant system and the way you like it. Any scanner, any machine, any tools, any implants, everything.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
You need to tell us more about you dentaleng. It's not fun anymore.

Dentaleng

Dentaleng

Reaction score
You need to tell us more about you dentaleng. It's not fun anymore.[/
How does this effect my views on this forum. Will the information change anything.