winter shipping problems

E

erinspeed

Reaction score
I just got a call from one of my UPS delivered Dr.s. It appears that my meticulously waxed try-ins are shattering in transit. They said that it was packed fine (lots of bubble wrap, not left on the models, etc.).

Question of the day: What can I do to further UPS-proof my wax? Anybody elserun into this using Corning wax? Switch waxes? Whatcha think?

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
I ship wax-ups to the other side of the world every day with little problems. I use closed cell foam around the wax-up and that goes in a bubble wrap bag.

GAP

GAP

Reaction score
I've had problems with UPS and FedEx. I just kept calling to notify them of their mistakes and the problems stop.

I'd try a different carrier for delivery, try to put a 'fragile' sticker on it, ask your supplier what shipping materials would be best to protect your wax-up. They're are many things you could do. Good luck

if it keeps shattering insure them for $10,000 and collect, lol

E

erinspeed

Reaction score
I know the delivery guys don't care. I have always packed cases assuming they were going to kick it the whole way to its destination.
Anyway, I ordered some softer wax (Coltene hygienic) and will hope for the best. I like the fragile stickers and the $10k insurance idea. I suspect they might fight a huge payout, though.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Puttinga 'fragile' sticker on anything being shipped is a sure way to get the apes at the
shipping company to treat it well.

Last edited by a moderator:
corona

corona

Reaction score
you could snap a alginate of your wax up and pour a solid cast and then send that . that way your wax up is safe and sound . If doctor likes then they could use that to make temps for patient .

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Shipping Containers | Keystone Dental

We use the plastic presentation boxes for diagnostic wax ups, denture try ins, big bridges ect . We mount our denture cases on magnetic plates and do not send articulators in the box, saves on shipping and less things to bang around in the box.