Wieland Zenotec 4820

R

rookiee

Reaction score
Hi guys!

In near future I have an option of buying used Wieland Zenotec 4820 milling machine. The reason for used machine is lower financial investment since this is going to be our entry moment to cad cam stuff. We are small lab but we want to have a machine which is able to mill everything, including crco metal which is our main occupation in the lab. Another reason for going big is to be able to mill also for other labs althought financial structure is made based just on our own production to pay off the investment but if there's going to be some extra bonus from others we won't complain.

The main reason for this post is if there are some owners of this machine on this forum, which are advantages/disadvantages, any faults, anything that should worry me? Also I am not sure was suction unit included in the package or you had to buy it separately? I heard that service should be done every 2000 working hours or once a year, is that true?

So fellow techs, I would really appreciate any comments or advices.

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
This is the 4-axis in Cali.?

You buying SUM3d CAM for it?

Scott

R

rookiee

Reaction score
It's 3+2 axis, wet+dry and it has I think zenotec cam.

C

charles007

Reaction score
I've heard ? Wieland will no longer service the older mills they once sold.. Call Wieland before buying since this may not be true ! !!!
I'm sure you could still get service from someone

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Charles is correct. Neither Weiland nor Ivoclar are supporting this mill. Currently, there is no support for this mill in North America.

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
This mill is made by Imes-icore i think? so you can ask them for support

P

PinAn

Reaction score
yeah.. it's made by imesicore. but I'm not sure they will support you
Don't buy that machine , I'm pretty sure you can spend same money to buy 450i
and you can use "I-CAMV5(sum3d)" to mill object with 5axis
Don't buy that 4820...
What's so funny? And no, it's not from Greece.

R

rookiee

Reaction score
Ok, one more thing. Where does 5 axis come in action or to put it in another phrase, what are main disadvantages of 4 axis machine? Where are problems pop'in up?

Top Bottom