Why does this happen?

T

terry5442

Reaction score
I'm using 3Shape 2014 / 2.9.9.0 and every time that I try to scan more than one waxup single in an order this happens.
I have to make up a separate order for each single waxup coping that I have to scan for the case.

In this case I have to make 7 separate orders (1 waxup each) plus another order for the wacup frame.

I think that I'm doing something wrong in the order form but I can't figure out what.
Any ideas on how to correct this?
Thanks

Terry

Attachments

• waxup.jpg
    waxup.jpg
    461 KB · Views: 85
R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Did you mean to attach a screen shot?

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Did you check the annotations?

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I havent used 3shape in quite some time, years. But you cant just scan multiple single dies without somewhere to stitch them. so you DO have to do them one at a time. Unless........
I imagine these are from seperate cases....
Place all your dies in a pretty little row on the plate in some putty. Scan that as your arch.........
Now scan them as dies....
Viola, your pretty little row is now fully scanned...'
Any questions???

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
terry, start at the beginning...

show us the order form and show us the model scans, i think i have an answer but i can't be sure until i see.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
terry, start at the beginning...

show us the order form and show us the model scans, i think i have an answer but i can't be sure until i see.
I know what hes doing, I told him how to fix it.
Hes got several different cases. He just wants to scan all these dies at the same time and make minimal or eyeballed copings...
But you cant just scan a bunch of dies. Only one, if you scan more than one, the software wants to orientate them into position. But without an arch scan, there is no place for them to go.
So put all your dies in a row in some putty on the plate and scan that as the arch. Then scan all your dies separately. The software now has a place for them to go and wont attempt to stitch them into one another...

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
he says he's scanning waxups though, so i rather doubt it. i'd rather see the order and compare with the canned model.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
he says he's scanning waxups though, so i rather doubt it. i'd rather see the order and compare with the canned model.
He can still scan the waxups the same exact way. As long as nothing moves of course.
Line up all your dies in a pretty row in some putty on the plate. Place waxups on dies... Scan as waxups... carefully remove waxups without moving anything... scan pretty little row as arch...
Then scan the dies as single dies...
Boom!
Waxups are orientated and the single die scans have a place to stitch into...

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
not exactly marcus.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
If you scan multiple dies without an arch scan, the dies attempt to stitch together. Like seen in the OPs photo.
So...
Create your own arch from dies from separate cases... I'll use two cause I'm lazy, but you can do this with as many you can fit and still get a good scan...
Scan arch as waxups...
14006555078_1833627dc7.jpg

Scan as Preparation Arch. Remove waxups without moving the dies...
14213349063_8457b4d8c7.jpg

Scan as single separate dies...
14193221165_212e540c29.jpg

14006608617_c17804d1f8.jpg

Boom, DONE.
Everything should have stitched together and your arch looks like your lineup on the plate....
As far as the order goes, just select teeth numbers WHATEVER, 1-7 if your doing 7 units...
Terry? What do you have to say?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
yes, i'm not disputing that method, its tried and true and magnificently lazy.

however terry's dies are overlapping which means he's done something wrong and although i think i know what it is i both have not seen this happen in centuries, and can't be sure its the same thing.

i'd rather see terry's ordersheet and full scans.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
yes, i'm not disputing that method, its tried and true and magnificently lazy.

however terry's dies are overlapping which means he's done something wrong and although i think i know what it is i both have not seen this happen in centuries, and can't be sure its the same thing.

i'd rather see terry's ordersheet and full scans.
Terry's preps are overlapping cause all he did was scan dies as dies without and other scans. This is what happens. This is EXACTLY what happens. And what's lazy about it? Not scanning 7 arches in secession when unnecessary to do so? Yea it's not lazy, it's called time management.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
and your case management? 7 cases is 7 patients - how you track your remakes and shade management is time consuming at best. splitting the order saves you that time and lets you organize and keep track of patient names, doctor's units per month, and all manner of other data, however i do hope you notice i'm not calling this behaviour at all poor - it works and works quite well. but its not damas or iso standards of management.

no, what i think terry has done was mark the order quite correctly, however during the scan ignored the directions at the top left corner and just inserted one die after the other.

if he had followed the directions he'd have run into alignment errors and never gotten past the scan stage.

by the way unless you are trying to distance yourself from the federal governement then the word is Succession and not Secession.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
and your case management? 7 cases is 7 patients - how you track your remakes and shade management is time consuming at best. splitting the order saves you that time and lets you organize and keep track of patient names, doctor's units per month, and all manner of other data, however i do hope you notice i'm not calling this behaviour at all poor - it works and works quite well. but its not damas or iso standards of management.

no, what i think terry has done was mark the order quite correctly, however during the scan ignored the directions at the top left corner and just inserted one die after the other.

if he had followed the directions he'd have run into alignment errors and never gotten past the scan stage.

by the way unless you are trying to distance yourself from the federal governement then the word is Succession and not Secession.
You mad bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk