Which digital impression scanner should I direct my clients to?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
just clic through the errors. you will need the allscans addon to save the models though. they import and build fine.

LucentDesign

LucentDesign

Reaction score
We are definitely not a sirona lab. I'm just a young guy who's been in the business 11 years, following my moms footsteps who has run the lab for close to 30 years. I bought the medit identica scanner with exocad almost a year ago and used it for a month and its just been sitting there ever since. Time to get a milling machine and put everything to use? Thanks for all the replies, and opinions and anyone who still has experience with anyone of these scanners please continue on with your recommendation.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
I agree 100% on 3shape Trios. I feel it's worth the money for the smooth flow. Just had a meeting with my Sirona rep the other day to let them know how disappointing it is to have to design in Inlab. We are a 3shape lab with 8 scanners and about 14 design stations. Training people on Inlab is a joke. It's not anywhere near as user friendly as 3shape. They expect me to spread the word on their equipment..ha! I'm going to do what I can to keep the work flow with 3shape.

what the heck? so you carry 14 design seats? how many units a day? Either our designers are too slow, or you overbought. Hope i's neither and business is just that good! but, wow.... how many of each 3Shape scanner are you using?

Anyone having luck integrating E4D scans into 3shape model builder?

we've worked with the Planscan (aka new E4D, but on longer called E4D). Other than the DDX / Sky work flow...which is a pain in the butt, it's been ok, but still not as nice as an iTero import or a Trios import.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
We are definitely not a sirona lab. I'm just a young guy who's been in the business 11 years, following my moms footsteps who has run the lab for close to 30 years. I bought the medit identica scanner with exocad almost a year ago and used it for a month and its just been sitting there ever since. Time to get a milling machine and put everything to use? Thanks for all the replies, and opinions and anyone who still has experience with anyone of these scanners please continue on with your recommendation.

We still support sirona... in this day and age, you can't afford to not support all that's out there.... :(

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
What margin marking fee on 3M? The lab marks the margins...
A margin marking lab, and you must get certified through 3M to mark the margins and you're right it usually is a certified lab doing it, just not yours unless you've gone through there "certification" for margin marking...grrrr

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the costs of carestream scanner, additional fees?

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
A margin marking lab, and you must get certified through 3M to mark the margins and you're right it usually is a certified lab doing it, just not yours unless you've gone through there "certification" for margin marking...grrrr
Oh gotcha. We went through that at first but I thought it was normal procedure for all labs.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score

That's nucking futs!

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
the Trios, do all the wire have to be connected? or can it capture and then when it get's placed on the docking station it loads?

I have a doctor who just bought one, but I don't have much support for it right now... he didn't buy the cart and has it attached to his laptop -

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
the Trios, do all the wire have to be connected? or can it capture and then when it get's placed on the docking station it loads?

I have a doctor who just bought one, but I don't have much support for it right now... he didn't buy the cart and has it attached to his laptop -

Yes, all the wires have to be connected. It's a little cumbersome, but they'll get a technique worked out after they pull the laptop off of the counter a few times.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
lol yes, longer wires would make sense too...also - how are y'all explaining how to scan stock abutments?

I see alot of stock abutment scans with no retraction... T.T

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Ok, any new views on the best IO scanner? If I had to tell my accounts which to buy in the next 24 hours, which should I say, or where should I look for more info?

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
I remember a few years back I was at the DLAOC and I saw Clon3D. I know that they were still testing and hadn't released yet, but that was like 3 years ago. Anybody heard of this system yet? They had the idea of a POD style scanner before 3shape. The cost was very reasonable and fees weren't outrageous, but who knows now.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Clon3d is a wand that is used by several systems, just the software is different.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
What about a.tron3d? Anyone heard anything about them?

Top Bottom