which company? What type implant ?

I

ick4027

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I need your help.
Please tell me which company and product the implant in the picture is.
thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_3532.jpg
    IMG_3532.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
There is one thing I don't understand with all of these "what is this implant" threads, why are we guessing?
Why don't we have the Dr or their staff hunt down what it is from the patient's information or the previous Dr or oral surgeon and provide us with that information? Are we afraid we'll lose the account if we make them do that work, or is it just considered nice and part of our service for us to do that for them?

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
There is one thing I don't understand with all of these "what is this implant" threads, why are we guessing?
Why don't we have the Dr or their staff hunt down what it is from the patient's information or the previous Dr or oral surgeon and provide us with that information? Are we afraid we'll lose the account if we make them do that work, or is it just considered nice and part of our service for us to do that for them?
extenuating circumstances.

oral surgeon may have died.

pt may have moved.

oral surgeon may be on vacation for a month

pt may not speak english

may have been a cash deal, no records taken.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

oral surgeon may have died.

pt may have moved.

oral surgeon may be on vacation for a month

pt may not speak english

may have been a cash deal, no records taken.

Which is all possible, but unknown if we don't ask?

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
For me, I'm happy to solve problems like this. It creates a stronger relationship between my lab and our doctors if I can solve problems like this. We aren't a $99 a crown lab. We charge more, but our doctors understand the value they are getting. Solving problems like this is part of that value in my eyes.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
And back again, why is it the labs job to figure out what a licensed professional screwed in somebody's mouth....especially when it's illegal for us to unscrew it.

You guys start charging an identification fee and watch how fast they start doing their own work.
Open a door for someone once, its called a courtesy. Stand their all day and open a door, its called a job. Are you gonna work for free??? That's called a hobby.
I'd rather mine be fishing.

And if they get pissed off and quit, problem solved.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
In the last 2-3 years, I've returned 3 implant cases to Dr's letting them know I didn't want any part of it, including one the Dr placed it himself. I still get their work, and one even mentioned she appreciated it when I told her to send it to a bigger lab who would have more experience, or have seen the situation more times than myself, and could possibly give her a better long-term result than I could. They were not complex all on 4 cases, but they were something I didn't want to guess at and be held accountable for a year or two later.

F

Foggy_in_RI

Reaction score
This is why I've (jokingly) said that if I ever get an implant I'll get a tattoo of the specs on the inside of my lip.
Where are the electronic medical records?

I

ick4027

Reaction score
I think i see some, but you can't tell from the saliva and the iPhone 2 pic..
11 o'clock n 5 o'clock.
There is no such thing like the Encode. It just round and has a diameter of 5.5 and 4.
The doctor who inserted it is unknown.

Attachments

• IMG_3532.jpg
    IMG_3532.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 16
L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
Whenever I get an encode I tell them to take it off and put a scan body in it, or send it somewhere else..

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Whenever I get an encode I tell them to take it off and put a scan body in it, or send it somewhere else..
Talked with two accounts this morning about Encode. I mentioned some of my frustrations with their designs and the lack of removable soft tissue.
He said he'd now start taking impressions for the anterior ones and scan encode posterior ones. A bit of a compromise, but I'll work with that.

The other one (a newer Dr) said she preferred to use impressions for all of them, posterior and anterior and understood that if I did "scan through" and designed them myself, that makes it twice the time and work. Then she really made me smile when she said she preferred cementable over screw retained....I think I'm in love 😍 :)

Last edited:
Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
We have a Russian dr that gets some odd ball implants in patients that are from Russia or Belarus. I use that What Implant Is This site. It can be time consuming to find out what it actually is. Sometimes its an old implant that's out of fashion, other times it's something from Korea. If it's something too odd we punt. I am not spending time and money to use some crap from recycled hubcaps. Most of the time the patients don't have the money anyway.