Where have all the ceramists gone???

G

grantoz

Reaction score
most have retired or left the industry because they are sick to death of dentists crap.not wanting to pay for high end c&b getting their nurse to stain some emax sirona milled pooh that is all of sudden fantastic ,if we sent it to them they wouldn't want to pay for it.Hey that's my observation after a bit of dialog with some very experienced guys who have truly had enough.by the way the best ceramists also do the best staining some of the staining you cant tell if it was built up or stained.Truly high end skill just different.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
most have retired or left the industry because they are sick to death of dentists crap.not wanting to pay for high end c&b getting their nurse to stain some emax sirona milled pooh that is all of sudden fantastic ,if we sent it to them they wouldn't want to pay for it.Hey that's my observation after a bit of dialog with some very experienced guys who have truly had enough.by the way the best ceramists also do the best staining some of the staining you cant tell if it was built up or stained.Truly high end skill just different.

Can't argue with that. :banghead:

wwcanoer

wwcanoer

Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet that most "good ceramist" are probably happy where they are. In order to entice them away, probably have to dangle a pretty juicy looking carrot in front of them and that may not mean just a healthy paycheck.

In another thread, somebody was looking for a ceramist that came with medical benefits, other benefits to be negotiated. In my mind, if I am already gainfully employed, his want ad is not going to get a second look from me. At this point in my life, its the extra bennies I like.

My two cents worth!

S

Skywalker

Reaction score
Wow!Thanks you guys, tons of help. In the process of training two ceramists right now. I need someone that has experience though to handle the quality of work expected. More work right now than can be finished and hate pushing dates out further and further, trainees need more time to do it right so while I agree with the suggestion additional help is necessary.

If you know of anyone send them my way!!! Thanks

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Wow I'm impressed you can get a trainee to get it right at all. Even with all the time in the world.