What vacuum mixer is best

M

molarmaker

Reaction score
Did a search on new vacuum systems not much , so I come to the experts.
Who knows anything about Worldent, Renferts products look promising but who uses the compressed air models,The Acquaspense models with their liquid despensing are they accurate are they reliable. Should I stick to the old reliable Whipmix combination. Tell me what youi have experience with:gossip:
Thanks
Stan

C

charles007

Reaction score
Stan, you owe me a call for this !

I bought the Renfert over the Whip Mix since it was cheaper at the time and its nice to be able to have the programs over the old standby W.Mix combination mixer. These mixers work great, but its really a convenience with the built-in timer. You aren't going to see less bubbles with these new mixers. If I had a choice, I would buy the dispense first, and change out the veins in your old mixer and buy the mixer next. I remember Al saying that one of these dispensers doesn't work that well with very fine grain stones... Talk with Al before buying !.
My next big ticket item will be a dispenser, it should make a big impact inconsistent fits and stronger models, I hope.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Stan I have all of whipmix's foundation department equipment and have been very satisfied with their products.

The number one thing that these units will provide for you is predictably consistency among multiple techs. If you work alone, and know you do the same thing every time, than the old school mixer is still perfect. If you have employees then you know this may not be the case.

I have 2 old school whipmix mixers that I have had to do very little to prior to buying the computer stuff. I will say that things are more consistent since I have moved to the new technology as ever tech seems to have their own way of doing things in this department. Now the machine dictates it all.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Mixers

I have used the Aquaspenser, it works great but does get plugged up from the expansion liquid time to time. My favorite mixer is the Ammann, but it is very expensive and like said truly a large labs' time saver.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Okay, I'm not sure if this is a promo for a company, but it should be. It's safe to say I'm using a old Whip Mix vacuum mixer, and if I go look at the manufacturing date I'm pretty sure it's older than me.......but that things works great, more reliable than the damn model worker using it :)

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
Okay, I'm not sure if this is a promo for a company, but it should be. It's safe to say I'm using a old Whip Mix vacuum mixer, and if I go look at the manufacturing date I'm pretty sure it's older than me.......but that things works great, more reliable than the damn model worker using it :)

Ahhhh - you can't beat the sound of an old Whipmix goin' round :)
Sturdy and reliable

M

molarmaker

Reaction score
Thanks Guys

No doubt About whipmix they are durable I think mine saw the battle of Kennesaw, suspected that of the AcquaSpense will have to call the rep and find out more. You guys read my mind about employees
Thanks again
Stan:bolt:

T

Tooth Geek

Reaction score
I've used both "Spin Cycle" (requires compressor) by Worldent and the old-school Whip Mix (internal pump),and function wise the Worldent is far better: faster spatulation and extremely strong vacuum= denser bubble free models/investment. In saying that i agree, the whip mix one is a bloody work horse (12yrs and counting). We've had the Worldent mixer 6yrs thus far.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I have the Aquaspense ll and the VPM2. Consistent every time. You need to make sure you clean the hose on the Aquaspense after every use. The investment liquid will crystalize and cause problems if you don't. The mixer will let you do a couple of short tasks while mixing, it holds the bowl in place from start, 'til you hit the stop button.
Every lab should have both.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
The whipmix is really pricey so I went with a Werhmer in 1995 I have only bought 2 replacement bowl in that time. And I kind of like buying American (better yet Chicago) when I can. Mixers
I use the mixer pretty much every day. I like things consistent & as few problems as possible. Voids in brux models or flexable models is a pain.

R

RichardRonnie

Reaction score
Vacuum can be applied to improve the performance of most types of mixing or blending systems. It can eliminates the air entrained during mixing.

CaptainInsano25

CaptainInsano25

Insane Member
Reaction score
I use the Smartmix from Amann Girrbach. Totally wicked awesome.

Atex

Reaction score
Bought a Spin Cycle/Worldent about 7 years ago, the type which runs on compressed air to make vacuum and has a vibrator built in the base. It been through a lot of abuse and probably 5-6 mixing bowls with no breakdowns ever. Now we noticed that the receiver ( the part engaging the bowls spatula) which is made out of brass started to round off meaning that probably will be out of service pretty soon. Will going to replace it with a Renfert Twister, got a couple of these already and would recommend them overt the Spin Cycle any day.

My $0.02

T

TECHARTISAN

Reaction score
I use a whipmix mixer, but I dont use the built in vacuum...I use a robinair 15550 5cfm pump.