what new burnout oven?

wwcanoer

wwcanoer

Reaction score
My old Neymatic 101 burnout oven is dying-heating coils are going-, and no replacement parts available.

This oven lasted 35 - 40? years with only replacing the door firewall and upgrading the from dial control to two-stage! I bought it used in 1982.

So thoughts and comments on what small BO oven to replace it with?

Thanks all

carol

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I'm using Jelrus Radiance. Had if for 12+ years without any trouble.

stt672

stt672

Reaction score
Why not another Ney, they are reliable workhorses. Not sure how they stay in business when every 20-30 years you have to replace a oven. NRC were junk I was always putting $50- 100 in every year in parts. I guess I'm puzzled why after your Ney gave you 35-40 years you would consider another brand.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
My old Neymatic 101 burnout oven is dying-heating coils are going-, and no replacement parts available.

This oven lasted 35 - 40? years with only replacing the door firewall and upgrading the from dial control to two-stage! I bought it used in 1982.

Thanks all

carol

the Ney Vulcans are nice. be sure to keep in consideration the obvious things....such as doors that close WITH gravity, not against gravity. that way you keep a more intimate seal with the oven....extending insulation life, and costing you less in electricity to heat your lab :)

R

RBob

Reaction score
Hello Carol,
I recently retired. I operated a one man crown and bridge lab. I have a Jelrus Infinity L30 burnout oven for sale. The inside muffle dimensions are 9"w x 6"d x 4.5" h. 30 user definable programs, heat-up/cool-down feature. It's in excellent condition. I will sell it for $400.00 plus shipping. Let me know if you are interested. [email protected], 801-940-7953.
thanks,
Riley

Thanks all

carol

wwcanoer

wwcanoer

Reaction score
Why not another Ney, they are reliable workhorses. Not sure how they stay in business when every 20-30 years you have to replace a oven. NRC were junk I was always putting $50- 100 in every year in parts. I guess I'm puzzled why after your Ney gave you 35-40 years you would consider another brand.

i was hoping that somebody would know of someone who could rebuild-rewind muffle for me. There was a company in Southern California that did this, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was called.

And regarding a new Ney oven vs. another brand, most comments on this form are about the Jelrus oven, so for all I know, new Ney ovens aren't what they used to be.

Riley,

You're oven sounds like a good deal, but I believe it would be too large. What are the outside dimensions?

Carol

R

RBob

Reaction score
HI Carol,
I'm a little new to the Dental Lab Network. I'm sending three pictures. Please let me know if you get them. The outside dimensions for the oven are: 14.5" wide x 18.5" high x 13.5" deep (the depth includes the electrical cord that sticks out about 1").
It may be a little easier for me to communicate with you if you use my regular email, [email protected]
thanks,
Riley
IMG_1207.JPG IMG_1212.JPG IMG_1214.JPG

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
And regarding a new Ney oven vs. another brand, most comments on this form are about the Jelrus oven, so for all I know, new Ney ovens aren't what they used to be.

I have used some Jelrus ovens, they are not bad either....but i do prefer the Ney Vulcan burnouts.... the vertical door is key. great for space saving, and keeping heat away from the face when door is opened. not to mention it worked with gravity as opposed to against it. that way it does keep a tighter seal (prevents heat leakage). also the newer versions of the vulcan even have an automatic door too.
just my 2 cents

wwcanoer

wwcanoer

Reaction score
It turns out, that Adium in Southern California will rebuild these old ovens. Shipped out the muffle today.

Carol K

R

RBob

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I listed a Jelrus Burnout oven for sale. That oven has been sold.
thanks
Riley Montgomery

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I need a used burnout furnace!

PM me your asking price and details please!

Scott

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I have the new renfert oven.. its a bit pricey and 230v.. and probably bigger than you need.. but it looks pretty! The catalyser is nice too, but i dont have it..

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I have that model already with the cat.

Tried to sell it. A lab that owed me $$ gave it to me.

I don't want to pay to install another 230v outlet(s) (x2 for the cat)

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
yeah i bought it knowing I would have to use 230v here.. but def. not worth adding a line. Supposed to be energy efficient, but its very slow.. 3 hrs to get to 850 + 45 min hold..

Top Bottom