What kind of zirconia do you use most? Why?

SJ

SJ

Reaction score
Been using nexxzr+ since it came out. Havent really needed to try anything else although the shading could use some fine tuning because they dont sell liquids. Looking forward to using the new multilayer when it comes out. If I switch it will be to the dental direkt material most likely, I hear its some of the best out, but who knows, there are so many who has time to try them all?
Same here, my labs been using a handful of different pucks, but I finally got us to stick to nexxzr+, but I've been having issues with containing the greyness in my crowns as the same with my Zircad MT's. Just got a nice deal from Henry Schein for Noritake pucks, but my Sintra Plus just died so I've been on a fix for those. I'm waiting for someone to post about the Prime and Nexxzr MT to see the results of those. Hate having multiple brands of zirconias... Rather stick to a limited few.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Still doing it old school by dipping Origin Beyond and Plus. The main reason being I have a 4 axis mill that I can't always position crowns or bridges correctly in a gradient disk.

In a way I don't mind, as it keeps my disk inventory lower, the coloring liquids last a long time, and I have a little more control of shades from the ground up.
We need to talk. All I use is 4 axis mills, and I can get any unit positioned in a multilayer puck how I want. PM me if you want. Ive never had to outsource a case because of limits of 4 axis.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
We need to talk. All I use is 4 axis mills, and I can get any unit positioned in a multilayer puck how I want. PM me if you want. Ive never had to outsource a case because of limits of 4 axis.

Thanks for the kind offer, I may take you up on that sometime.

I have a bridge case in the lab where one of the abutments was so far labially positioned that I had to ream out the undercut in the green state, then do a little adjusting post sinter to get it to fit. A 5 axis for that one really would have been nice. I'll post a photo when I get into work.

For singles, I do have the 10 degree ability to rotate the crowns. It would probably work on a lot of those, it's just that l really like the results I'm getting with Beyond and am not overly excited about their gradient zi.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

Here's the case I mentioned that I wish I had a 5 axis for.

I adjusted in the green state where it showed the greatest undercut. Then post sinter I had to adjust it a little more to get the die to fit. Then I had to trim the preps (red marks) which #23 had a labial bulge to get the bridge to seat.

It was a try in, and the Dr. was able to adjust the prep to get it to seat. Tomorrow I'll be finalizing and glazing it.

Could you have made this work on a 4 axis without having to do any pre or post sinter adjustments?

32232 32234 32235 32236 32237

Last edited:
user name

user name

Reaction score
I think so. If a case wont draw and the Dr has to adjust a prep, Id make a guide for him and reduce the prep before I design. If what he has will draw, then theres no reason it cant be designed and milled to fit. I may have to adjust insertion direction and manage small undercuts on crown bottoms so it doesnt mill an open margin; then youre stuck maybe needing to use a thicker puck than a 5 axis would, but Like I said, Ive done big stuff and never needed a 5th.

user name

user name

Reaction score
On that one, it doesnt look like it would be an issue at all. From a cameras view, your seeing the view as a radis from a fixed perspective at a fairly close distance. Theres no way that geometry can show parallel unless everything is canted towards the fixed point of view. Mills dont see that way.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I think so. If a case wont draw and the Dr has to adjust a prep, Id make a guide for him and reduce the prep before I design. If what he has will draw, then theres no reason it cant be designed and milled to fit. I may have to adjust insertion direction and manage small undercuts on crown bottoms so it doesnt mill an open margin; then youre stuck maybe needing to use a thicker puck than a 5 axis would, but Like I said, Ive done big stuff and never needed a 5th.

Partly my fault in not being far enough ahead of schedule to have seen that one coming, as far as getting the patient in for a prep touch up, which for me, would have made it easier to mill and seat.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I'm using pre- shaded Argen HT +... However I had no complaints with Zirlux Multi Ant except for the strength. I do not be think Argen HT + Multi is out yet. My biggest account wants 1100 and better mgp's.

Last edited:
user name

user name

Reaction score
That sounds like a lot, but then I can only count to potato.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
Zirkonzahn prettau 2 1100-1300 mpa

PCdental

PCdental

Reaction score
Jensen XT and Imagine with Lava Plus liquid. I dye by hand. I am reluctant to try new Zr because I did so much experimentation and formulation. The shades are consistent, and I get to spend more time characterizing in stain and glaze rather than trying to hit the shade. D2's come out great ;)

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
Same here, my labs been using a handful of different pucks, but I finally got us to stick to nexxzr+, but I've been having issues with containing the greyness in my crowns as the same with my Zircad MT's. Just got a nice deal from Henry Schein for Noritake pucks, but my Sintra Plus just died so I've been on a fix for those. I'm waiting for someone to post about the Prime and Nexxzr MT to see the results of those. Hate having multiple brands of zirconias... Rather stick to a limited few.
Hi scottiejung, what top temp are you using to sinter nexxzr+ ?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
i fire my nexxzr+ at 1540, its a 10 hour cycle

user name

user name

Reaction score
What do you recommend that would be better?
Oh my goodness. Its like youre driving a 1980s car and wondering what could have possibly improved!?

Just start trying some. Every mfrg Ive contacted has given me free Zr and colors if needed to show off their product.

PCdental

PCdental

Reaction score
Oh my goodness. Its like youre driving a 1980s car and wondering what could have possibly improved!?

Just start trying some. Every mfrg Ive contacted has given me free Zr and colors if needed to show off their product.
Based on my procedure, maybe you could recommend something that would save me some time and produce better shade results. I have tried Lava Esthetic (brush on dye) and high trans multilayered (shade D2). The most requested shades I get are D2, D3, A1, 3M1, and 2M1. I have the most failures with those shades, except for A1, when trying new materials. What is your favorite Zr for the enamel heavy shades?

user name

user name

Reaction score
XT is nice. Its strong, slightly opaque so you can easily mask an amalgam. Its decent for posteriors, but youd never put one in the anterior with out layering. This is an XT I did some time back...

2M1 and 3M1? Katana STML. (A-1 and C-1) You need to play with how close to the incisal you want the crown placed. Im guessing you use Hyperdent. By default it wants to center the units.

Im not even going to comment on Imagine.

If you need super strong but want maybe more trans than XT, Id look at the Origin materials from B&D. They have a good variety of materials and are coming out with something new and exciting very soon.All there stuff sinters on the same cycle, and its flexible. The appearance changes, but its user preference. (1500 to 1550)

There are guys here that love NexxZr. Its good too.

Katana STML has made me very happy, but its limited by its strength.

Lava? too opaque and bright.

Changs and Pritidenta...not my favs.

@rc75 sells stuff that some like alot.

The list is long. Do you get the trade magazines? Every month theres something new.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Never substitute anyones judgement for your own. Do the work. This is a color test. 3 different Zrs, colored with a variety of liquids.. Seem like work? I do it with each Zr. Thats how I found what works. The next month I discovered precolored Zr. It wasnt a waste though. Now I know I can use Changs color to tweek everything.

Last edited: