What is the best bar ever?

Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
HI All,

I do not want to hear "This company XYZ made the best one" I want to read "This feature need to be there in order to make the best bar".

I am interested to know what features you want to get the best bar.

-Size
-Material
-Shape
-Features (retention, attachments, etc)
-Turn Around Time
-Price*
-How it is milled
-How it is designed
If you could hire an employee that have done over 10 000+ bars in his life, would you do it?
-Polishing
-Surface treatment (sandblast, pink ionisation, silicoating, other)
-Kind of fit (Precision) (Industrial fit, in-lab scan fit)**
-etc

You can also see it the opposite way, why you don't buy a certain type of cad-cam bar? If you want to help manufacturer (yes it include myself) to develop the best bar in the market, use this to explain it.

*: Keep in mind that there still some reality

<------------------------------------->
Price ------------------------------ Benefits

**: About the fit (precision),I am amazed how the industry tend to lower the quality of what people are used to. When I started doing CAD-CAM bars few years ago, i had complains about the quality of the fit that was not good enough (even at 0.5 micron) but the same customer as soon as they got their in-house scanner that was around 20-50 micron precision, the fit from this kind of machine was now good enough? The only reason I found was that people since they have invested a good amount of money in those kind of technology prefer to ignore the problem to avoid loosing their money.

That why we can draw a line like "Price vs Benefits"

<-------------------------------------->
In-house scan ---------------------- Best fit

Thank all

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Spend some time in the US to get a feeling of what the current economy and Dentists are willing to pay.

That is the question. Of course all things can be better and fancier, but who will pay for that today??

You have to find a happy medium. Cost vs value, with Cost as the major factor.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Hi Bernard,

I think like anything else when a consumer buys a product that they outsource they will always be more demanding than when they control the fabrication inhouse.

When a lab buys a piece of equipment that allows them to control things of course its easier to have a squinted eye. Sad but true

I think as technology has ramped up its very hard to know who to partner with. Many in our industry just blindly follow the leaders with the most market share. Its the leaders job to design/market quipment, its my job to believe that their piece of equipment can do what they claim. If it doesn't what now? You continue to make the best of it but is this really correct?

Dental tolerances have been getting tighter and tighter, as Zi becomes a more viable product for implant retained and support Hybrids the tolerances must be even tighter. Anyone that has done Resin/Ti based hybrids can attest that no matter how beautiful and over engineered you make them they will eventually fracture. As the post denture teeth wear, the ant come in hard occ contact and then POP goes a tooth. Clients are looking for anything to eliminate this and with the cost of ZI Hybrids in close relation to their resin counterparts it makes me think that this is going to be the future.

We still do more Ti than anything else and back to your question, I like Montreal styles so I have a nice ti base to stay perfectly polished, many Dr's do not like this as much as they are afraid of what will need to be done if a space develops down the line. I for one charge more for this type of design over a full wrap bar for obvious time reasons. I think prices are falling on this stuff and of course I am not happy about that, as implant dentistry becomes the norm rather than the exception we are all looking for the holy grail of restoration that has the least amount of labor to produce a product that looks good and lasts,

Time will tell,

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
I want a bar that will design itself and make me a bunch of money.

Top Bottom