What do you use to cut this?

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
We're having trouble cutting this thing. We use a long diamond bur to cut it but it's very troublesome. Does anyone know a better method? We're about to try diamond discs but not sure on the specific type to try.
a6apyje3.jpg

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
Why did you use a sintering wall for this small of a bridge? You only need that for large span bridges. If anything, put a few sintering pins on it and use a flat tray to sinter.

If you do have to cut those off, MAKE SURE you use a wet handpiece to reduce heat.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Waste of material and tools for a short span like that IMO...

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
mini diamond disc will be fine...

that is also not a very efficient support structure.

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
Because it warped during sintering. We'll try wet handpiece. Thanks.

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
Because it warped during sintering. We'll try wet handpiece. Thanks.

If you mill with sintering drops and place on a flat tray, you won't have any warping. Sometimes those thick walls around frameworks will cause the bridge to crack.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
If you mill with sintering drops and place on a flat tray, you won't have any warping. Sometimes those thick walls around frameworks will cause the bridge to crack.

also - i never understood the logic of those sintering walls....you are robbing heat away from your units.... its creating mini heatzones or lack of a good heat zone. I'm a fan of the delcam or Sum3D support structures

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Make the wall thicker 4-5 mm with S form ( black ) so you dont need the other parts and you save material ( not 2 times offset ) , if the object is to high make additional sinter pins but only on top of the wall enough to be stable on the ground. Use a small diamond but slowly with water so you must cut only 4 pins. But this bridge is very straight if you take care only on sinter beads it ok.

Attachments

• a6apyje3.jpg
    a6apyje3.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 34
Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
also - i never understood the logic of those sintering walls....you are robbing heat away from your units.... its creating mini heatzones or lack of a good heat zone. I'm a fan of the delcam or Sum3D support structures
I agree. I couldn't ever get a consistent result from that type of sintering wall.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
what program makes that? ZZ CAM?

also...it looks like it's pretty hard to stain with it in the way

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
Glidewell's nesting software allows that type support.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
so it's VHF software? i've never seen glidewell cam, but the glidewell mill is the VHF right?

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
what program makes that? ZZ CAM?

also...it looks like it's pretty hard to stain with it in the way

it's mayka from picasoft. it's very limited and buggy, and my only 2 options are peripheral and internal supports. internal support wasn't very effective at all, but the external connector always gives excellent results for us. I really wish I could use a different cam. sigh.

it isn't all that hard to stain.. cutting it is a b**** though.

Top Bottom