What do you guys think about the Sirona system??

BlakeHarting

BlakeHarting

Reaction score
We're trying to figure out if we should upgrade a Sirona scanner or get another 3Shape/Exocad/Preciso system. So... what do you guys think about Sirona?

We will be using it with a VHF mill.

Being able to accept scans from an in-office Cerecs seems like a perk, eh?

Bottom line: Buy a new Sirona scanner or get a duplicate system of one we already have? (We already have a Preciso/exocad and 3Shape)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words "I have a cunning plan" marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?

BlakeHarting

BlakeHarting

Reaction score
Lol. Well... I am failing to see the "*facedesk*ness" of this question. And believe me there is no "ill-deserved confidence." I'm asking, not telling, anything. Holding a grudge against a company seems like a bad argument.

BlakeHarting

BlakeHarting

Reaction score
Enabling them to keep their system closed is just as flawed of an argument.

That's a decent argument- although unfortunately I don't have enough time to wait until Sirona caves into fully opening their system.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
they have a closed system that you pay to open. they have very poor scan quality. their design suite is a mockery of the word professional. they are now owned by dentsply and stopped supporting their own customers with older versions of the hardware by refusing to buyback or upgrade them for differential costs. they have no sympathy for users who buy used equipment.

if you want to use the software to harvest scans and designs from your clients, everyone including you needs to buy the v15 software and set up their output as stl or 3se and you have your work cut out for you at that point.

buy it you must; the program is one fee, opening it to open format or 3se is another fee, this is the money they get to make because you want to use a specific format. they make money on your inability to work on native formats. theyve got you coming and going.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
...Holding a grudge against a company seems like a bad argument.

I beg to differ. Some companies have so created the niche of being a bad company that I for one will never give them another chance. Years of their reps talking down labs to the doctors as being "too expensive" and expendable won't be forgotten. Whether their equipment is adequate or not, it cannot be ignored that they are our direct competitor.

Years of interaction with them at a former employer led me never to trust them.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
*facedesk*
Thank you! Thant's hilarious! Find a gif or pic to go along with that one.

Facedesk...brilliant

And I agree with Gru. I was just a punk employee working with sirona and it was a nightmare that I had been conned into thinking it was a nice dream. Then I used 3shape and had crowns milled on a wide variety of mills. The difference was like a sharp knife compared to a fuzzy tennis ball. I'll agree that they've improved a lot but all the crap, lies, false claims, and belittling we went through is a enough to hold onto a grudge.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Thank you! Thant's hilarious! Find a gif or pic to go along with that one.

Facedesk...brilliant

And I agree with Gru. I was just a punk employee working with sirona and it was a nightmare that I had been conned into thinking it was a nice dream. Then I used 3shape and had crowns milled on a wide variety of mills. The difference was like a sharp knife compared to a fuzzy tennis ball. I'll agree that they've improved a lot but all the crap, lies, false claims, and belittling we went through is a enough to hold onto a grudge.
tumblr_njhu2mYKRE1sj53d8o1_500.gif

S

semper:fi

Reaction score
im researching the intraoral scanners from sirona and they have become better in the past

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Blake, with the Sirona you have, could you accept the I/O scans just buy doing CHL's suggestion of a v15 upgrade? If so, you're there, otherwise to talk those accounts into a Trios scanner, and just use the Model Builder in 3Shape.
My main accounts are Cerec Drs, and I mentioned if it ever came time that they were considering a I/O scanner to talk to me, so I could steer them to a Trios. If they went with the Omniscan, I would just hire out the file to be unlocked, and charge them for it.

Of the other 3 scanners you've listed as options, choose the one you like the most, and buy another one of those.

Last edited:
harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
hmm... choice between craplab and 3Shape/Exocad/Preciso... gee, that's a tough one.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
A word comes to mind,
marionette

Oh I mean Masochist!

M

mmbh

Reaction score
We're trying to figure out if we should upgrade a Sirona scanner or get another 3Shape/Exocad/Preciso system. So... what do you guys think about Sirona?

We will be using it with a VHF mill.

Being able to accept scans from an in-office Cerecs seems like a perk, eh?

Bottom line: Buy a new Sirona scanner or get a duplicate system of one we already have? (We already have a Preciso/exocad and 3Shape)
I have the newest scanner inEos X5, its fine and the accuracy is fine. Our fits are right on the money. We went ahead and upgraded because we got a great deal with our trade in and we have several cerec docs. As wether you think its worth it to get just to accept sirona connect files, well thats up to you in the long run. Buyer beware of Sirona, I've been involved with sirona since the beginning when they were really the only game in town, but don't believe anything they tell you unless its in writing, I repeat, don't believe anything they tell you unless its in writing. I kind of feel bad for some of the reps having to deal with the false promises made to customers me included but I already knew what to expect. We're business owners, hope for the best but expect the worst and plane accordingly. Their releationship with labs is getting worse so just don't expect to much. I have a Steinbichler scanner as well, much more trouble free.

Top Bottom