Weird mold looking growth has appeared in my Form Wash alcohol bath.

B

bentwire42

Reaction score
Hi All,

Has anyone else who owns a Form Wash experienced this? It looks like mold or something growing in the Alcohol Bath. Very Weird. I use this twice a week so it's not like it's been sitting unused for a long time. Cheers

Form Wash.jpeg

Cleo

Cleo

Reaction score
That is just uncured resin that has been rinsed off. If you recycle your alcohol or change it out you will have cleaner prints.

B

bentwire42

Reaction score
Thank you, Yup silly me, too many washes without a clean. Thanks for the reply.

MODs feel free to delete this post. Couldn't quite figure out how.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Nope, let's not delete it. Not having done anything printed in my lab, this was news and interesting to me.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Find a local chemical company and reach out to them to get IPA I get it locally for about 19.00 a gallon. Buying it from a vendor can get expensive quickly. If we ever get to the point that we have 3 or more printers I will probably get a distilling unit to recapture the IPA.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
bentwire, another reason threads don't really get deleted, is sometimes there are good follow up posts that can be helpful, like doug's.

F

FullPartial

Reaction score
You may considering building a little cure box for recycling your resin. Mylar liner cabinet with UV LED lights at the correct wavelength to cure the dissolved resin. Let it sit for the weekend and decent off the clear alcohol. Use it as a prewash to extend the life of your wash unit alcohol.

Top Bottom