Websites

J

jamhirschi

Reaction score
For those who have websites. Have you been able to get new business from them or more as information. Where to purchase domain name and site builder or have someone build site?

GAP

GAP

Reaction score
For those who have websites. Have you been able to get new business from them or more as information. Where to purchase domain name and site builder or have someone build site?

couple tire kickers, patients calling me for do-it-yourself advice or if what they are being charged was fair. Nothing solid, but only had the site up for almost 2 years. I didn't expect much from it. I went with 'Bluehost', and built the site myself using 'Headway'. Its a drag and drop theme you can customize to your hearts content but you don't need to know how to write 'html.'

jthacke3

jthacke3

Reaction score
We don't get any new business from out website but we use it a lot, mostly for distributing information such as rx forms, case protocols, etc. We have a blog where we put news, product information, and CE course offerings and link to our Facebook site. In this day and age, people EXPECT you to have a website and often think you're irrelevant if you don't. We get 2 or 3 new account inquiries per week (mostly from peer referral) and they almost invariably have visited our site first to get basic information before they make their initial contact. It makes that first phone call much more meaningful because you can eliminate the most basic information and cut to the chase.

If you have a website, make sure its a good one. The only thing worse than no website is a cheap looking one with no resources or information. Spend a little for search engine optimization to make sure people can find you, especially if you have the name "advanced," or "precision" in your name like so many others.

Domain names are available at godaddy.com

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I took control and rebuilt my lab website Advanced Dental Technologies - Home about 6 months ago. Built it myself. Also able to edit as I need. Edits are quick and easy. Definitely picking up new business. Doing a bunch of work from a doc in Norway that found us through our website. Also picked up some accounts from CA. Getting over 300 unique eyeballs per day.
Domain names can be had at Go Daddy.
Website is a MUST have for any business. But, a bad website will not do anything. i am in total agreement with jthacke3. The site need to be one that looks good, keeps people interested and coming back for more.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Bob, you have two great sites. Awesome!

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Gosh!... Three sites? Sounds like youre trying to take over the world.:D

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Not trying to take over the world. I really don't think it's possible with a website.
Just trying to keep everyone informed.
We actually have a digital educational website as well.
CAP ACADEMY
I guess the point being, it's really no big deal to have a really good website that helps people and puts your company front and center in an industry.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Bob, Stop!!!! 4? really? I need to get in gear!
Thanks for the eyeopener, Great sites you have there.

D

drrichard

Reaction score
Now I should also increase the website count as there are some with 4 and I only have one.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
FIVE (5),now thats some smart marketing right there.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
No joking around. Everyone that's looking for anything will generally do so on the Internet. Think about how you purchase most products. How many websites do you visit a week?
Even if a current customer recommends you to a friend it's highly likely they will look through your website before calling. If the site s---s or you don't have one you may not get the phone call. On the other hand, if you have a great website you'll get the phone call land many more customers. In addition, providing a site loaded with info will keep your current customers thinking about you more often.
The ROI on a website is a no brainer. It's not necessarily easy to calculate. But, it's probably the least expensive means of marketing ever. A website should cost way less than a single mailing. As a profession, dental labs budget a smaller percentage on marketing than business in most other industries. In addition, once you get it up and running it can be easily maintained in an hour or two a month.
To me, a website is an absolute must have for any business.
Honestly, we actually have five different websites. I left one out.

Last edited:
droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Only one (1). Easy explanation to new clients of the type of restorations that are fabricated here.

Go On

Go On

Reaction score
I agree websites is a must, but I recommend to build something you can take care of. Go Daddy provides good hosting service. Also you should choose a Content Management System (we have Joomla) so you need no expertise to keep your site updated. This point is crucial, regular updates and pieces of information are very important.

C

CapitalWestTech

Reaction score
couple tire kickers, patients calling me for do-it-yourself advice or if what they are being charged was fair. Nothing solid, but only had the site up for almost 2 years. I didn't expect much from it. I went with 'Bluehost', and built the site myself using 'Headway'. Its a drag and drop theme you can customize to your hearts content but you don't need to know how to write 'html.'

Can I ask what your website is? I am considering Headway for creating ours, and would like to see one using it. They have samples on their website, but one can't always trust "samples" seen on the internet.

GAP

GAP

Reaction score
Can I ask what your website is? I am considering Headway for creating ours, and would like to see one using it. They have samples on their website, but one can't always trust "samples" seen on the internet.

I don't want to share the website on a public forum, there are showcases of our work and don't want them ripped off from ppl lurking on this forum, sorry.
i watched demos on youtube. you can see how they created a website in real-time and what the user interface is like.

For only $80 bucks how can you go wrong? good luck