Wax iron holder

awhurst011

awhurst011

Reaction score
Looks better than the coat hanger wire that we bent and was held by stone poured into a solo cup...

JTG

JTG

Reaction score
Probably more stable than my Diet Pepsi can with plaster in the bottom.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Looks nice, but with my fat hands I'd knock one off while reaching to put the other one back. I do the stupid dance enough with molten solder.

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
Yeah. Every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I just have my electric waxer on max for my large spoon wish it got 50 degrees hotter but it still works pretty well.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
My latest trick is a soldering iron on a rheostat. I've attached the spoon tip from a cheepo Chinese waxer that lasted less than a day. Great for set up or moving a lot of wax quick.
The AC moving my flame around motivated me to experiment.
500° or more are no problemo.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
My latest trick is a soldering iron on a rheostat. I've attached the spoon tip from a cheepo Chinese waxer that lasted less than a day. Great for set up or moving a lot of wax quick.
The AC moving my flame around motivated me to experiment.
500° or more are no problemo.
Do you even bother warming up your wax pot anymore lol.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
My main well is liquid because my other two wells candulor medium and hard are about that consistency.

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
Turn down the heat a little bit. Creamy consistency like @kcdt will help you control wax better especially around gingival margin to get natural contours and emergence.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Turn down the heat a little bit. Creamy consistency like @kcdt will help you control wax better especially around gingival margin to get natural contours and emergence.

I just did. Though the wax I use at gingiva is creamy.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
image.jpeg For the curious:
Iron and rheostat are from Harbor Freight.
Stand RadioShack.
Outlay ~ $30

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
View attachment 23159 For the curious:
Iron and rheostat are from Harbor Freight.
Stand RadioShack.
Outlay ~ $30
Would you mind looking to see what wattage the iron is rated? I've a few hanging 'round and thay looks too handy for the same wind blown flame reason.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Would you mind looking to see what wattage the iron is rated? I've a few hanging 'round and thay looks too handy for the same wind blown flame reason.
25 watt. But you could plug any wattage into the rheostat; it's rated for running a router.

Edit: yes it's very handy. If you can adapt a spoon to the tip you can shovel serious wax.
I got my tip from a failed cheapo Chinese waxer that died at first day. I saw a video on you tube from a model maker type background. He pounded out and ground a spoon tip on heavy gauge copper wire then directly replaced the soldering tip with it.
It didn't look hard, mine was just easier and redeemed a past error in judgement, so I'm a little too pleased with myself.

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
25 watt. But you could plug any wattage into the rheostat; it's rated for running a router.
Thanks! I have a few 15 watt ones laying around and more than a few heavy duty rheos too. May have to put something together when free time comes.

Top Bottom