wax disks

Digitaldentist

Digitaldentist

Reaction score
how many of you are milling wax as opposed to doing traditional waxup?
What is the price of disks and best current source?
Advantages going cnc as opposed to manual?
I have heard different opinions so just looking for feedback.
Mike

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
how many of you are milling wax as opposed to doing traditional waxup?
What is the price of disks and best current source?
Advantages going cnc as opposed to manual?
I have heard different opinions so just looking for feedback.
Mike

im looking to mill all my frames and full contour crowns as well. with machines like the Roland coming around, the speed at which they can mill a large span bridge and a full contour crown for pressing blows me out of the water. plus the stability of having a large span bridge without a rock is priceless!!!!

all that said, it has to make sense the dollar and cents way.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I am still shopping around on wax discs. Going to try some from CAP next week. Looking like 18 to 24 bucks depending on thickness.

I love milling wax over hand waxing. One thing I have not heard mentioned is when you have a miscast or bad pressing etc. you simply open the design back up in the cam and let it rip;)

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
www.machinablewax.com

TD Dental Supply

Many other sources that are dirt cheap.

If I was milling wax, I'd not pay more than $2 per disk. That's just me...

I'm sticking with my printers.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
www.machinablewax.com

TD Dental Supply

Many other sources that are dirt cheap.

If I was milling wax, I'd not pay more than $2 per disk. That's just me...

I'm sticking with my printers.

we would love to see the $12 per puck, better yet the $2 per puck! :p

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
We found a milling wax we really liked then got it brocken down by a lab and now pay £16 kg thats about 6 disks a kg so thats £2.66 a disk. We use it for cast and press and get great results. Dont pay big cash just because it has dental printed on it.:)

Adolfo

Adolfo

Reaction score
We found a milling wax we really liked then got it brocken down by a lab and now pay £16 kg thats about 6 disks a kg so thats £2.66 a disk. We use it for cast and press and get great results. Dont pay big cash just because it has dental printed on it.:)

Where...???

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
We did it through a private wax lab in the UK I bought about 50Kg of the stuff once I had tested it for how stable it was and if there was any colour seepage in the press cycle, all was well.If you want to buy some off me then no problem but thats not why I posted. It just gets to me how much we get had over because we are in the dental trade, I told them to sell it on as a milling wax but they dont work that way. We gave them a job to do and they did it well and I now own that brand of wax. Like I said I am happy to sell it on at the price I paid for it.:)

Last edited:
Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Hello all, new to the forum.

I cut at least 5-8 Full Contour crowns/inlays out of wax on the Roland DWX-50, not sure of the MFG of the wax, the boss man purchases it but I think it might come from TD Dental Supply, it is a brown color and is pretty tough, cut down low as 3/10ths and no issues. Also cutting diagnostic wax veneers and crowns from HI-Tech, they have a White Wax disc, very soft and fragile on 3/10h veneers, almost like the life like wax from whip-mix but in a 98mm disc form. I have cut up to a 10 unit bridge and a few Hadar bars out of the brown wax and casts pretty well.

Sevan

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
I recived a package from ICE PASCU. He is selling wax disk for a very resonable price.I recommend him with pleasure!!

Top Bottom