VKS attachments designed and milled

BDDS

BDDS

Reaction score
That's great news about the control panel in 3Shape
I'm playing around here... does anyone know how to attach this in exocad? I understand it's called a bolt, but its not in the attachment directory?
I posted right above Johns for exocad ... you can use what is in the bredent file, just have to reimport it so that you can turn it horizontally.
-just noticed that you said you don't have that file, feel free to contact me for it if you're wanting to mess with that feature.

Last edited:
JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
No cingulum rest prep or reciprocating arm and a zirconia attachment?

Do you really think this is a good idea for long term success?

I guess with out seeing the entire arch you may think this was a bad design. This case is not free-end from the lateral.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
That's why I presented my concerns in the form of a question.

The fact that it's not free end just creates more questions from me but I see you're a bit sensitive to that.

I wish you nothing but success with this case.Top

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
That's why I presented my concerns in the form of a question.

The fact that it's not free end just creates more questions from me but I see you're a bit sensitive to that.

I wish you nothing but success with this case.Top

Text is a funny thing, I didn't think anything of your comment just was sharing what you had no way of knowing about the case. I welcome addtional eyes :)

I have done dozens of combo cases with this attachment "cast". The ling apron and a milled shoulder to compliment the ling contour is what we do. I generally do not do it on most small ant as there is limited room. We will overlay a rest seat with an apron that will also extend into a metal housing that holds the attachment. On Bi's or molars I will do a full on interlock.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
So this will be cast in metal?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
So this will be cast in metal?

In the past we have always used the blue plastic patterns associated with casting this attachment.

We are experimenting trying to see how this unit mills in ZI. I have not done it in cad before obviously. We modified a milling strategy on the Select to mill this today and it looks perfect in simulation, the shoulder of the ball meets wall thickness but I would feel better in metal if it was going in my mouth. This was the clients wishes.

What would be cool is if they could invent a metal ring that had a bevel to it that could be incorporated into a green state zi pattern that once it sintered and shrunk would lock the ring into the restoration then we could use the threaded metal vks attachments. Same would be cool for inserts for screw retained crowns

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I've fabricated copings with cast attachments. Opaque and scan in as part of a FCZ bridge etc. just select the geometry we designed around the attachment as the margin and cement after sintering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score

What would be cool is if they could invent a metal ring that had a bevel to it that could be incorporated into a green state zi pattern that once it sintered and shrunk would lock the ring into the restoration then we could use the threaded metal vks attachments. Same would be cool for inserts for screw retained crowns

Neat idea...the sintering temp would limit the number of alloys that could be used...

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You still will end up with a metal pud.

I don't see the advantage of a zir attachment other than alloy cost.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
So what are your thoughts on milling the VKS attachments in zirconia today? I'm going to try for the first time any updates?

Thanks
You'd prolly need some inverted cone tools to cut the ball part properly or plenty of freedom of movement in you mill to allow the regular tool to reach... not sure how such a small zr ball would hold up in the long run tho...

C

coffeebender

Reaction score
You'd prolly need some inverted cone tools to cut the ball part properly or plenty of freedom of movement in you mill to allow the regular tool to reach... not sure how such a small zr ball would hold up in the long run tho...
In my exocad bredent library the vks has reinforcement on the gingival side of the ball, seems like it would be a bit stronger than just the ball.

C

coffeebender

Reaction score
Is there a better choice of attachment for bilateral distal extension RPD? Case is 6-10 splinted zirconia.