Viscogel

R

rmcmanus

Reaction score
Is there some way to remove this stuff from the inside of a denture other then grinding it to dust?
Richard McManus

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
What do you mean the stuff inside the denture?. Do you mean the residue and calcification inside the denture?.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
W

wilkscm

Reaction score
Steam cleaner or white spirit.

C

cdtwade

Reaction score
Flame it. It will soften enough to peel out with a knife. Most of it, anyways.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
I find this beasie from wells on a bench lathe at low speed constant light pressure works quite well. For Voscjel & lynel & coe tissue conditioner. http://www.wellsdental.com/burr-uncoated-53.html
IMG_1129.jpg

R

rmcmanus

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I just hate this stuff.
Richard McManus

Rosko

Rosko

Reaction score
Use the separator liquid all over the Denture. The material will adhere to the fitting surface well enough but will come away clean!!:D

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Use the separator liquid all over the Denture. The material will adhere to the fitting surface well enough but will come away clean!!:D
Could you elaborate?
It sounds like you recommending using a separating medium on the denture base when the clinician places the viscogel.
Q:
What separator exactly, applied where and when, and,
If to the denture in the clinic, tell me how we're supposed to get the dr to apply the product in this manner? Especially if that's contrary to labeling.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
One simple trick, if you DDS is willing, is to pain VPS adhesive on the intaglio surface but
keep it away from the borders. Works well with Coe-Comfort and Coe-soft, should work
with Viscogel too - it becomes a separator between acrylic material.

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
I think Rosko is referring to the stuff that is suppose to dissolve the viscogel. It is labeled as separator, but it is not applied like acrylic separator except to paint the teeth before initial use. It does work but I find lightly grinding with a coarse bur will pull it all out especially if has been in the mouth for a few months. Don't forget to use a clothes pin.