Value Ingots

andycwdt

andycwdt

Reaction score
Im new to the value ingots, can anyone advice me on where and when to use. I understand that V3 is the brightest and V1 the least. Layer or full press??
Cheers

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Im new to the value ingots, can anyone advice me on where and when to use. I understand that V3 is the brightest and V1 the least. Layer or full press??
Cheers
image.jpg

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
You can do full contour or layer.. Its just another shade. V3 is brightest, so for lighter higher value shades. Im pressing most all full contour in these. I layer them also.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
The value ingots are used in the majority of my post units we press/s/g.

user name

user name

Reaction score
The value ingots are used in the majority of my post units we press/s/g.
Im sure theres been some trial and error? Would you share a break down of how you correlate to the vita 16?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
its a 3 point scale so there isnt much variation.. Bleaches, A1 B1 get the v3 .. middle shades A2,A3 B2 get the V2 and the V1 isnt gray.. so you can use it for c1 d2, a3 a3.5 .. but its not as gray as the tab... so I dont use it for c2 c3 d3 a4 But your staining all the color on it anyway so you can make it work..

user name

user name

Reaction score
Come on you know every post tooth is either d2 or a2 in the real world :)
Must be a regional thing. I see work from one office thats nearly all D-2, but the other trend around here is C-1.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
The value ingots really do pick up surrounding color pretty damn well. I really think that they are the chameleon ingots

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
its a 3 point scale so there isnt much variation.. Bleaches, A1 B1 get the v3 .. middle shades A2,A3 B2 get the V2 and the V1 isnt gray.. so you can use it for c1 d2, a3 a3.5 .. but its not as gray as the tab... so I dont use it for c2 c3 d3 a4 But your staining all the color on it anyway so you can make it work..

I just don't see how its possible to get the darker shades out of the value pellets ? Could someone enlighten me ? I must be doing something wrong.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Dont use them for dark shades.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Values are a Medium Transluceny (MT) ingot and fall straight between LTs and HTs.

As for and A-D shade correlation V1 = MTA1, V2 = MTBL4, V3 = MTBL3

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for that post patrick..

Dont understand why they dont release a line of lower value ingots because these are the cases that are the toughest to match.. C2/d2 value.. Heck, even c1 is almost impossible with a V1.. dont know, havent tried it.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Look for values to be renamed soon to MT (Medium Translucency). V1-3 will be renamed to what I listed above, and the line will be expanded with 4 more to start (most popular/highest sales).

user name

user name

Reaction score
Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
As I said earlier the current Value ingots will be renamed MT, no other changes to the ingot, just different printing. They will also be added to with four additional shades to start.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
ivoclar should be releasing the Med Trans ingots next year. hopefully Q1.
just as Patrick stated. who knows on timing though. originally they were supposed to be released this year

user name

user name

Reaction score
So how will the new MT ingots fit into the value line? I think you guys have the bleach and A1, B1 covered, so they will be just lower yet? It would be kind of cool if you could give us a behind the scenes look at the decision making and the factory.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
V1=MTA1, V2=MTBL4, V3=MTBL3, New additions to start should be MTBL2, MTA2, MTA3, MTB1. These are chosen by marketing because they are the most popular shades sold.

The Value name will go away and only be labeled MT.

user name

user name

Reaction score
V1=MTA1, V2=MTBL4, V3=MTBL3, New additions to start should be MTBL2, MTA2, MTA3, MTB1. These are chosen by marketing because they are the most popular shades sold.

The Value name will go away and only be labeled MT.
Thats about what I figured; because they are the most popular ingots. Thats a problem. ive been a long time e.max user, but I have never received a questionnaire about likes/dislikes and how Im using the product. Part of the reason that certain ingots are being used more than others is that you have some ingots that arent working. You sell alot of A1. Not nearly as many A1 shades are being produced with them as your sales team might deduce. They are being used for A2 and A3, because of the well known low value issues. So now we will have access to LT A1, MT A1, HT A1, and the V1...

I think it would be very interesting if you guys would do a survey of the techs using the product to see what shades they are having more difficulties with, and what ingots they are actually using for specific shades. It would surprise you, I think, to find out your shade chart isnt quite as trusted as intended. I still like the product, and the branding has been great; but you must realize that there are other players doing not just the R&D, but market research that plays to Ivoclars weakness. (Im not one of them. Im an end user).

Its a lot like the a$$ backwards traffic engineering you see in too many cities...if a road is getting real busy, they widen it to handle more traffic rather than studying where people are actually going and building alternative routes.

Dont get me wrong, we'll take all the ingots we can get.

Last edited: