using two small ingots in one ring

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I have tried repressing ingots.....kind of. I've done what you've said and saved and marked pressed ingots. If I have a ring that weighs say a little over the max (7.5) I'll put a new ingot in first and the old in last. This way its all new material going into the crown and the old pressed material is just allowing me to press to the end of the crown avoiding a short press. I don't do it a lot but it's always worked, comes in handy when you've forgotten to order a sleeve of ingots.

So you have used a " previously? pressed pellet of the same shade as a "push" pellet with good results? I've thought of it before but never acted out the thought.
Rick

Toast

Toast

Reaction score
So you have used a " previously? pressed pellet of the same shade as a "push" pellet with good results? I've thought of it before but never acted out the thought.
Rick

Yes, just reduce the diameter of the pressed ingot so it will go into the ring easily.

S

succubys

Reaction score
Hi..can anyone help me find the ivoclar emax system manual? I haven't pressed yet but I need the correlation wax to ingot .Thanks

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
Yes, just reduce the diameter of the pressed ingot so it will go into the ring easily.

Done this routinely for years,...no brainer and commonly done no probs....

Top Bottom