Used D700 or new D500??? Please help

N

nvarras7

Reaction score
I'm looking at a used D700 for 12,000 dollars, the owner is upgrading. I like new, but here in Greece I'll be paying a lot of money for a new d500.

1) My concern is that I have no training in Cad and without the sales support of a company will I be lost?

2) How long will the support be around for the d700?

3) What can go wrong with a used unit?

Money is tight and I would like to buy new but that is just too much overhead in this economic climate here in Greece.
Any help would be appreciated!

Nick

erics24k

erics24k

Reaction score
Something you have to make sure of is that the used D700 is up to date on it's dongle renewals.
If you have no intention of doing your own Cad/Cam Implant bars you can get the D500. Implant bars and implant bridges are the only restriction.

1) You should be able to pay the re seller for training. DO IT! If there is no current re seller you need to find one you like to give your dongle ownership to.

2) I do not think it will ever lose support. We still have some older models at Argen that still work great (older than the D700.)

3) You can potentially be looking at spending more than just the typical annual dongle fee if it is not currently being serviced by a re seller.
Find a company with good support to service your dongle and hopefully they can cover you and perhaps offer you a new warranty.

At the end of the day I like new. But money is money.

Hope this helps.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
12.000 is too much IMO . Counter offer 8.000 euros . And then be prepared to pay the mandatory annual fee , starting at 1500 euros per year . Ask how long the previous owner hasn't paid for the annual fee , because this might be something you will have to pay in order to make it run again .

1) I believe that the Greek 3shape dealer will support you

2)Unknown but given 3shape's history with D250 , not for long

3)Everything can go wrong , and nothing at the same time . It's more like a bet .

N

nvarras7

Reaction score
Ok, he is a really reputable lab owner, I asked around. I took a trip to his lab and saw it in action. I wont have to pay the annual fee until next year, he's kept it up to date. He and I spoke to the company that represents 3shape and everything is well with continuing service,and the company will send the trainer to get me up to speed. He also offered his cad employee (if I pay her something) for a day or two beside me with my first cases.
The best part is, that I got the price down to 9000:) No overhead payment to worry about, I can start saving for a small mill, or newer scanner.

Thanks for your replies!
Nick

C

charles007

Reaction score
Before you write the check, ask all the reputable 3shape dealers if they have a trade-in you can buy, or demo scanner. Should you luck up, you may get 12 months license and some sort of warranty.
Also check with leasing companies that lease scanners and mills, you may find a good deal ?

Timmy

Timmy

Reaction score
I am sorry for your health.. 3shape makes you high bp. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
13.5 K Euro NEW so 12 bucks are crap.they where sold out. they have so many new scanners out not sure it they now that.

N

nvarras7

Reaction score
13.5 K Euro NEW so 12 bucks are crap.they where sold out. they have so many new scanners out not sure it they now that.
A d500 is 17,500 euro before sales tax here in Greece. Around 22,000 after sales tax. I'm pretty happy with the 8,000 i finally paid for the d700. With the money i saved i'm going to start saving for the next generation of machines. Also got a projet 1200 3d printer for fast jobs I don't have time to outsource.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
A d500 is 17,500 euro before sales tax here in Greece. Around 22,000 after sales tax. I'm pretty happy with the 8,000 i finally paid for the d700. With the money i saved i'm going to start saving for the next generation of machines. Also got a projet 1200 3d printer for fast jobs I don't have time to outsource.
http://www.byneuhaus.de/3shape/d500_-d700_-d800_-d900_-d750_-d850_-d900l_-d1000_-d2000/index.html as i said sales no future production as i said ids 2013 D 900 is the switch to structured light no new laser they are to slow

but 8 is a good decision

N

nvarras7

Reaction score
12.000 is too much IMO . Counter offer 8.000 euros . And then be prepared to pay the mandatory annual fee , starting at 1500 euros per year . Ask how long the previous owner hasn't paid for the annual fee , because this might be something you will have to pay in order to make it run again .

1) I believe that the Greek 3shape dealer will support you

2)Unknown but given 3shape's history with D250 , not for long

3)Everything can go wrong , and nothing at the same time . It's more like a bet .
Hey Dimitri I just realized it was you !

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I'm looking at a used D700 for 12,000 dollars, the owner is upgrading. I like new, but here in Greece I'll be paying a lot of money for a new d500.

1) My concern is that I have no training in Cad and without the sales support of a company will I be lost?

2) How long will the support be around for the d700?

3) What can go wrong with a used unit?

Money is tight and I would like to buy new but that is just too much overhead in this economic climate here in Greece.
Any help would be appreciated!

Nick
The D700 has been discontinued. Not sure how long the scanner will be supported by 3Shape.
No CAD training will be a big problem. I don't think this is anything you can sit down to and figure out.
3. A lot can go wrong, especially if you don't know what you are doing. You will definitely need training and support.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I had posted a blog a few weeks ago about scanner obsolescence. I think you might find it interesting.
You can find it here.
http://cap-us.com/2015/05/07/understanding-when-lab-scanners-become-obsolete/

Malicious Web Site Blocked

You attempted to access:

This is a known malicious web site. It is recommended that you do NOT visit this site. The detailed report explains the security risks on this site.

For your protection, this web site has been blocked. Visit Symantec to learn more about phishing and internet security.

Exit this site

Continue to site anyw

wtf Bob?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Planned obsolescence in 3shape scanners Bob ? :eek:

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
maybe your on Bob s blacklist

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Planned obsolescence in 3shape scanners Bob ? :eek:
I really don't think so. The computing power of CPU's doubles every two years. When designing scanners and CAD it make logical sense to use the full power of current computer technology. As the CPU's become more powerful it makes sense that scanners and CAD will follow suite. There is likely no way a D2000 could have run (as it will now) on a two year old CPU.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Malicious Web Site Blocked

You attempted to access:

This is a known malicious web site. It is recommended that you do NOT visit this site. The detailed report explains the security risks on this site.

For your protection, this web site has been blocked. Visit Symantec to learn more about phishing and internet security.

Exit this site

Continue to site anyw

wtf Bob?
RKM, remove the bloatware known as NOT RUN, STOPPER OF NO VIRUS EVER. you should be fine after that.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
no. not run just wants you to pay attention to it. nothing wrong with bob's site.

Top Bottom