Unknown 3shape D800 error.

TechTiz

TechTiz

Reaction score
Hi there,

Was just another day at the scan bench, scanning and designing some great things as per usual with our D800 3shape scanner, when a very curious error appeared. Having not seen this particular error before, I tried the typical "hopeful fix" techniques such as recalibrating and restarting the computer. This is the error in question:

State: ScanServer error. Safe LaserAdjust routine failed.

Much to my dismay, when attempting to calibrate a similar error popped up. I've tried shutting down/restarting the scanner as well as the computer to no avail. I'm not sure if my GoogleFu skills are bad or what, but I was also unable to find any such error in the vast plane of the all-knowing googletron.

So, i'm here to see what the community thinks. Perhaps it's a software/driver issue? Perhaps a hardware issue? I am at a loss so I'm passing my troubles on to you guys, perhaps you may cure what ails me.

Thank you for taking the time to check out this post and thanks for any advice you may have in advance.

-TechTiz

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Maybe try a different usb slot for the scanner on the PC.
See if the same thing happens.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Sorry I can not be of any help here, call your reseller and get some support!

My first attempt would be...

I would turn the scanner off and unplug from power, then replug it in after 15 secs turn on and then reboot the machine. Start scan server and then attempt to calibrate.

Good luck

TechTiz

TechTiz

Reaction score
Thank you both for the hasty responses! After fully powering down and restarting both 3shape and computer 4 times, it seems to have worked itself out. I can only assume it was some minor hiccup that was influenced by some minor detail that just happened to coincide perfectly. HOO-RAY TECHNOLOGY!

Thanks again,
TechTiz :cool:

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Glad it farted and cleared its brain!

Nothing drives me more crazy than these types of no reason errors.

Have a great day!

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I had issues with my D700 once and I unplugged it, blew out the dust let it sit unplugged for about 15-25 min then plugged it back in and it worked. Go figure right. Maybe leaving it unplugged did a reset on everything inside, IDK.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
We had similar issues in the past, it turned out that the calibration process is quite CPU intensive. If there are too many processes running the calibration will hang. It took me a while to figure out, since we couldn't reproduce the error when technical support was available, because Rhino, online radio, DLN etc. wasn't running for the time being...

TechTiz

TechTiz

Reaction score
A lot of good info for reference in the future should another "error mystique" arise. Collectively, there is no way errors shall hinder our production processes for many scans to come ;).

Hoping you're all having an excellent, productive day,
TechTiz

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Where are you from techtiz? You're obviously a scholar and a gentleman/madam. :) where did you obtain your refined manner of speaking?
Jk

GAP

GAP

Reaction score
We had similar issues in the past, it turned out that the calibration process is quite CPU intensive. If there are too many processes running the calibration will hang. It took me a while to figure out, since we couldn't reproduce the error when technical support was available, because Rhino, online radio, DLN etc. wasn't running for the time being...

I find the little guy with the sign in the signature bar unnerving. I'm surprised it didn't know color my shirt is from looking at me through the built-in camera lens on my laptop.

TechTiz

TechTiz

Reaction score
Where are you from techtiz? You're obviously a scholar and a gentleman/madam. :) where did you obtain your refined manner of speaking?
Jk

Hahaha, thank you, good sir/madam. I'm actually from South Carolina, I just chose to ignore them when they told me " I didn't needta know nothin' 'bout no book learnin'."

Actually, my personality is along the silly lines I would say. I just like to have fun whenever possible. I hope that whenever someone reads one of my posts or anything along those lines, they at least get a chuckle out of it, whether serious or not. It's what a lot of Monty Python has taught me. :p

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I find the little guy with the sign in the signature bar unnerving. I'm surprised it didn't know color my shirt is from looking at me through the built-in camera lens on my laptop.

Ha, ha, ha. It knows, believe me... :tinfoil3:

J

james fant

Reaction score
good morning

I have a d800 scanner from 3shape and it has been giving me all kinds of problems over the last month or so. It has been giving me very choppy and scattered images. It would seem that the layers of pictures are not being layered properly. I have tried all the normal tricks of restarting the cpu... unplugging the scanner.... and it will not even allow me to calibrate the darn thing. So I do the only thing that makes since and contact my reseller. when I do so they send me another scanner and when I plug it up guess what happens... you guessed it the same thing. so I am now thinking that it is the cpu. I update drivers.. reinstall the scan server.. switch usb slots.. and make sure that the scanner is on its own hub but nothing fixes my issue. I am out of options and know how. please tell me someone knows what the problem is! does anyone have any guesses at all? if so I really need your help. thanks for your time

Jay the kid

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Could you try a new video card?

J

james fant

Reaction score
I have thought about the video card issue but I don't have the problem at any other point besides with the scanner. I can watch videos and see high definition pictures with no issues.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
What about a clean install of the 3shape Software? A major pain, make sure you back up your material list and settings.

If you have another computer I would just do a clean install on that pc and hook up the scanner to it.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
post some screenshots of this, use photobucket.com

BDDS

BDDS

Reaction score
good morning

I have a d800 scanner from 3shape and it has been giving me all kinds of problems over the last month or so. It has been giving me very choppy and scattered images. It would seem that the layers of pictures are not being layered properly. I have tried all the normal tricks of restarting the cpu... unplugging the scanner.... and it will not even allow me to calibrate the darn thing. So I do the only thing that makes since and contact my reseller. when I do so they send me another scanner and when I plug it up guess what happens... you guessed it the same thing. so I am now thinking that it is the cpu. I update drivers.. reinstall the scan server.. switch usb slots.. and make sure that the scanner is on its own hub but nothing fixes my issue. I am out of options and know how. please tell me someone knows what the problem is! does anyone have any guesses at all? if so I really need your help. thanks for your time

Jay the kid
Are you plugged into a USB 2? As for our D700, it is finicky with USB ports ...

J

james fant

Reaction score
Yes. I have tried to uninstall the program and reinstall with no results. and my other computer that I have available does not meet the requirements. when I try and hook up the scanner and calibrate I get an error message that says "system does not meet model requirments". it is an inspiron 660 with a 3.0GHz processor and 8GB of ram.

and what other kinds of ports can I use besides and USB? I have jumped between the 3.0 port and 2.0 port with the same results.

here are some screenshots

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag60/jaythekid478/scannererror_zps8afea56e.jpg
http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag60/jaythekid478/error2-18-2014_zpsa1863b84.png
http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag60/jaythekid478/scannererror_zps8afea56e.jpg

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i would uninstall the scan suite and just reinstall that.

Top Bottom