Uniz/ Form2?

mona-z

mona-z

Reaction score
Hi All! Does anyone use Slash printer? https://uniz3d.com IF so how does it compare to Form2? and is there any other printers that are around the same price with better resolution?
We want to get a printer mostly for veneers and its a bit confusing with all the choices in the market!

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
Has it been released yet? The slash sounds very promising.

Cory@WhipMix

Cory@WhipMix

Reaction score
Hi All! Does anyone use Slash printer? https://uniz3d.com IF so how does it compare to Form2? and is there any other printers that are around the same price with better resolution?
We want to get a printer mostly for veneers and its a bit confusing with all the choices in the market!

If you are looking for a printer for just veneers you will want to find a printer with a high quality XY resolution. For instance the xy resolution on the formlabs 3d printer is 140 microns, so in turn the smallest feature size that the formlabs can print is 140 microns....your margins will not be any thinner than 140 microns. In comparison the Asiga Pico2 HD has an XY resolution of 37 microns, meaning the smallest feature size you can print is 37 microns.... you could achieve margin lines as thins as 37 microns with that printer.

If you have any STL files of veneers that you want test printed, please do not hesitate to contact me at Whip Mix.

(800) 626-5651 ext 1437

Last edited:
SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
Slash Xy resolution is claimed to be 75 microns which is half of the formlabs 2. I wonder how small you need to go for c&b work?

mona-z

mona-z

Reaction score
If you are looking for a printer for just veneers you will want to find a printer with a high quality XY resolution. For instance the xy resolution on the formlabs 3d printer is 140 microns, so in turn the smallest feature size that the formlabs can print is 140 microns....your margins will not be any thinner than 140 microns. In comparison the Asiga Pico2 HD has an XY resolution of 37 microns, meaning the smallest feature size you can print is 37 microns.... you could achieve margin lines as thins as 37 microns with that printer.

If you have any STL files of veneers that you want test printed, please do not hesitate to contact me at Whip Mix.

(800) 626-5651 ext 1437
Is it around the same price of the form2?

mona-z

mona-z

Reaction score

I just checked Asiga it's 7000$. It's very good but way beyond what I would invest in a printer.
I have just checked also some veneers I sent for printing with formlab2, very nice margins and fit. So my choice still between formlab2 and Slash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cory@WhipMix

Cory@WhipMix

Reaction score

The Asiga printer is more expensive than the FormLabs printer, but you pay for what you get. If you want me to print a sample for you just let me know and you can compare the quality from the Asiga to the FormLabs just for kicks and giggles.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
comparing build volume comparing resolution 75 micron just different z

Schirmfoto_2017-03-06_045525.jpg Schirmfoto_2017-03-06_042505.jpg screen-shot-2016-04-05-at-5.38.50-pm-100654719-orig.png

Last edited:
mona-z

mona-z

Reaction score
The Asiga printer is more expensive than the FormLabs printer, but you pay for what you get. If you want me to print a sample for you just let me know and you can compare the quality from the Asiga to the FormLabs just for kicks and giggles.

I would love to send you a file, but I'm in Dubai so I wonder how long it'll take to receive the veneers back and check them [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Formlabs is a laser with 140 micron focus ( "milling tool" ) Uniz has 75 micron lateral on lets say a photo plate versus display thats why hes 10 times faster he polymerisates one complete layer , the laser in the formlabs is spinning around like a burr in a mill versus the laser in a slm maschine.

like this

B

bob37

Reaction score
Hello,
Sorry i dig up this post because i need to make a choice among this two model printer, I will do to achieve castable elements, surgical guides and model.
Which one do you advise me? Its hard to make a choice.
Thanks

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
just to bring a bit light in the dark thats what you can expect from slash plus to give you something visible but dont ask me questions still in test mode and new version comes soon

Slash plus.JPG

V

Victor DQ

Reaction score
I use UNIZ. I make jewelry with it and only good thing is that yes, it is SUPER FAST!
In short - Don't buy it yet. Still developing stage - Very unstable and inconsistent output. Moreover, there is virtually no customer service.
Very bad firmware. These Chinese people do not have good English speaker and even at the Jewelry Convention, they did not hire a good English speaker to do the presentation and explain details.
I say wait till end of this year when new version available with more stable and precision models.

DanM

DanM

Reaction score
I use UNIZ. I make jewelry with it and only good thing is that yes, it is SUPER FAST!
In short - Don't buy it yet. Still developing stage - Very unstable and inconsistent output. Moreover, there is virtually no customer service.
Very bad firmware. These Chinese people do not have good English speaker and even at the Jewelry Convention, they did not hire a good English speaker to do the presentation and explain details.
I say wait till end of this year when new version available with more stable and precision models.
Which are you using?

archematerial

archematerial

Reaction score
we're using slash plus for printing farm and we're happy with quality.

archematerial

archematerial

Reaction score
what are you printing?
we're giving printing service. items are mostly dental arches. And moreover we're printing rings, pendants, artworks printings w/ uniz. after using slash plus for a while and getting good feedback from customers, we got Uniz's distributorship in US. I can't say it is 100% perfect 3d printer but it is pretty good. Here is my neutral thoughts;

pros: basically it's fast and reliable. resins are not expensive and also the machine is compatible w/ 3rd party resins.
cons: no lcd screen showing printing info, needs extra slicing configuration for tiny models, software UI should be better