Universal Torque Wrench

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Had one of my Docs ask me if I knew where he could purchase one of these. Thought I would pass this question on to some here on DLN. It seems that most every doc has to deal with the occasional patient who had a surgeon place an oddball implant for which they have to order a new torque wrench and driver just for this one case. I know Smile Line has a good selection of drivers but what about the Torque Wrench? Any ideas? Dontknow

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
You can purcahse the Argen kit from NT trading and then sell it to your Docs, Argen will not sell it to the Doctor directly.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
You can purcahse the Argen kit from NT trading and then sell it to your Docs, Argen will not sell it to the Doctor directly.
Got a photo of what it includes?

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
We have one of these to loan out to dentists. Any standard clincal driver fits into the head. The dentists that use it love it.
http://pacificspecialties.com.au/product/anthogyr-torq-control/
We used to loan out wrenches,drivers and impression copings. We soon found out how hard it was to get the wrenches and drivers back in a timely manner. It turned out to be a giant headache. We sold off all our loaners and as of today we only loan out impression copings . No problem with them. I hope you have better luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

D

dabster

Reaction score
Nobel Biocare torque wrench fits any latch type driver tip. It delivers 15 to 35 Ncm torque . I get drivers from Diamodent or former Attachments International ,Implant Direct now, place it in a tray that is suitable for sterilization , take a picture the way drivers are labeled and arranged in the tray, take it to doctors office have someone in the office be responsible for placing everything back after use , put that picture on the wall next to sterilization unit and send them the bill. After watching some doctors grabbing anything that fits and not having correct tools I am saving myself redos and broken screws and look like a hero at the end of the day. Never had a negative response. 5 -6 drivers cover most of the systems in he world and one would need a short and a long driver.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
We used to loan out wrenches,drivers and impression copings. We soon found out how hard it was to get the wrenches and drivers back in a timely manner. It turned out to be a giant headache. We sold off all our loaners and as of today we only loan out impression copings . No problem with them. I hope you have better luck.

we invoice it out with the job with a not saying the invoice will be credited with return. it is like a boomerang!

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Got a photo of what it includes?

Here is a pic I had on my phone, missing the rest of the drivers but you get the jist.

Custom PMMA holder i designed on SolidWorks.

Includes a the wrench, tool holder which doubles as a hand driver as well. Comes with 6 drivers that covers most implants on the market. Goes up to 30 Nm though. Just flip the driver to reverse direction.

I charge 25.00-50.00 depending on the doctor. Even if they send the case to use to restore. I think of it this way. You don't have. i do, you need it I don't, so pay up. You don't go to home depot to rent a ladder and say i'm not gonna pay for the ladder cause i'm coming back to purchase paint and etc........ they will laugh in your face. I keep a stick say on the rental of the driver. I tell then I need it back cleaned and ready for the next client. I bill them seperately for the rental.

Attachments

• 20150930_110528.jpg
    20150930_110528.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 32
PDC

PDC

Reaction score
I charge 25.00-50.00 depending on the doctor. Even if they send the case to use to restore. I think of it this way. You don't have. i do, you need it I don't, so pay up. You don't go to home depot to rent a ladder and say i'm not gonna pay for the ladder cause i'm coming back to purchase paint and etc........ they will laugh in your face. I keep a stick say on the rental of the driver. I tell then I need it back cleaned and ready for the next client. I bill them seperately for the rental.

Well if they complain, just tell them to go ahead and spend the $800 for a new one.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Well if they complain, just tell them to go ahead and spend the $800 for a new one.

That's what I do. I offer to to sell them a new version of the kit we rent for 600.00. The say no thanks. So if they rent the kit 24 times they just spent 600.00. Just buy the damn thing and be set. Some doctors just don't get it sonetimes. Lol

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
$415 -
http://www.implantpart.com/adjustable-torque-wrench/
Adjustable_Torque_Wrench__82560.1420485646.1280.1280.jpg

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
there are multiple ones- available in short and long lengths (see attachment). all with a 4x4 square
available for Nobel, Straumann, Internal Hex (050 which handles astra, id, zimmer, biohorizons, mis, ab) 048 (3i certain) and also drivers for ankylos, xive, locators, many of the older systems as well

Attachments

• driver lengths.png
    driver lengths.png
    91 KB · Views: 12
lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Keith, this is not from DESS, right?
Just on online chat with your support staff
LCM

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum