Turquoise colored tooth restoration ?

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
DR is sending in a scan today or tomorrow

at a patients request - we have been asked to fabricate a tooth in either pfm , FCZ or emax and for the final restoration to be Turquoise in color

any suggestions

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
See if you can get some ideas from this thread and the link JMN provided.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Frustrated Ryan Gosling GIF

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
DR is sending in a scan today or tomorrow

at a patients request - we have been asked to fabricate a tooth in either pfm , FCZ or emax and for the final restoration to be Turquoise in color

any suggestions
I suggest at test crown to show the patient first. That will give you a chance to play with colors and know if you need to change or even go that route. Definitely additional fee for your time.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Refuse the case with ridicule so the dentist feels embarrassed for asking..otherwise your next case will be periwinkle with a streak of astra blue.
It's time for the grown-ups to be in charge Doctor.

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Refuse the case with ridicule so the dentist feels embarrassed for asking..otherwise you next case will be periwinkle with a streak of astra blue.
It's time for the grown-ups to be in charge Doctor.
You read my mind, I was just thinking if I would even accept the case, and would tell them to send it somewhere else, not interested. But, some people do like the challenge, and trying something different.

ToofMaker

ToofMaker

Reaction score
Ive done a couple of these, I did a matte black crown with a red heart buccal inlay done for myself and a couple of purple one offs. Go zirconia, let the green state unit soak in a bath of turqouise presinter color overnight, throw in a toaster oven for an hour the next day and then sinter like usual

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
You read my mind, I was just thinking if I would even accept the case, and would tell them to send it somewhere else, not interested. But, some people do like the challenge, and trying something different.
Sometimes you do people a favor by saying NO, and sometimes you do yourself one.

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
Charge him $800 for the crown, eihter he'll never send you one again ,or it it will be worth it to do stupid sh!t....

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
On something like this, the Dr needs to be notified upfront in case the patient opts out, after hearing the additional $$ it will cost them, and not a surprise invoice sent with the case.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I made a couple lavender posterior crowns for a lady. No big deal. They were PFMs which is probably easier and I got to use porcelain that I wouldn’t have otherwise used in a million years of making crowns.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
With some of the crown and bridge powder stains, it probably wouldn't be too hard to mix that in with a light body color and fire a shade tab? May be quicker and easier than zirconia dipping trial and error, or staining it to get there?

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
It’s the easiest friggin shade match ever. Who cares what color someone wants their teeth, it’s just another crown.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Until you find out there's a sister who has one and "her's is more turquoise-er than mine" 3 weeks later.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Until you find out there's a sister who has one and "her's is more turquoise-er than mine" 3 weeks later.
The critique from the wife, husband, sister, or relative is always the kiss of death and a cause for many a remake. And as you said, 3 weeks later, if not sooner.
Another kiss of death is the patient with car rearview mirror in the parking lot :)