Trumps Trade War includes Dental devices

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I'm not much of a fan of NADL (sorry) but they got the "What's in your mouth" truth in labeling thing right. The only way to curb the influx of Chinese product is open and honest labeling. It would have to contain info on raw product, assembly, and final product. No more of this "distributed by" or " manufactured for" crap. Let the consumer be informed and choose.

Any excuse to raise our prices will do. Remember when we were told that the "fuel surcharge" was necessary because fuel was $4/ gal? It didn't go away when fuel came down.
The consumer being the licensed dentist, he knows exactly where that came from. If the patient were to be made aware, it would likely be handed to them in the same fashion as the HIPAA/HITECH paperwork and we know how many people actually read that.

I can't count how many times I've told someone what I do and they take a bit to understand I'm not a dentist and dentists don't do hardly anything of this nature 'in the other room'

Sadly, I don't know how much difference it would make. Americans as a group hsve gottrn very comfortable with not buying American. Nobody has bought an american TV in 20 years.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
JMN,
Yes, Americans have gotten very comfortable not buying American, but w/o informed choice, it will get worse. We desperately need truth in labeling & a simplified version too. It won't fix it, but it will help. I can't count the number of conversations I've had with people who claim they would pay a little more for an American made widget.
No, the consumer isn't the licensed dentist, it's the patient. Is the doctor prescribing antibiotics the consumer, or the patient? See, even the perception is skewed.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
The tax tariff protects USA labs but not the benefit of the dentists and the patients. why we do the business, because we can get the co-benefits, for USA customer and our lab.
To be competitive, why not make youself stronger, unique than other labs?

too few labs desire to do anything other than lab work. marketing? branding? thats for rich people.

and those same labs cry when big players take their business.

i've tried to make the same points, over several years here. nobody listens to thinking like this.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
too few labs desire to do anything other than lab work. marketing? branding? thats for rich people.

and those same labs cry when big players take their business.

i've tried to make the same points, over several years here. nobody listens to thinking like this.
Actually, nobody listens to anything you say, not just this.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Actually, nobody listens to anything you say, not just this.
In fact we don't even bother to activate the ignore feature.

man_file_1059398_newrob3.gif

Top Bottom