TRIOS® Scanner

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Is there a yearly license or per scan fee?

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Yes, this is dependent on the distributor. I think it runs about $2500 a year.

neila

neila

Reaction score
Trios Pod Color is about $6000 more than the Mono Pod from what I have been told. The price for the mono Pod was quoted at $4000 less then the mono Cart. Keep in mind that you need to purchase a high end laptop for the Pod versions. I am budgeting around 3k for that. By those calculations I figure a color Pod with the laptop is closer to 40k .

2bearnest

Reaction score
Obviously we don't want the doctor attempting to mill himself, but if he insists what mill would you suggest with the trios? True Def/iTero? Who could assist the doctor in the integration of these two machines (the scanner or the mill distributor?). You aren't a distributor for the trios yet right Bob?

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
Obviously we don't want the doctor attempting to mill himself, but if he insists what mill would you suggest with the trios? True Def/iTero? Who could assist the doctor in the integration of these two machines (the scanner or the mill distributor?). You aren't a distributor for the trios yet right Bob?

In order to mill themselves first they would need to design the crown. Trios to my knowledge doesn't have design capabilities. The doc would have to put 3Shape dental manager or some kind of design software on the Mono Pod or Cart. That only increases the yearly fee not to mention buying the software to begin with.

2bearnest

Reaction score
In order to mill themselves first they would need to design the crown. Trios to my knowledge doesn't have design capabilities.

Right. So I guess the only angle is to convince the doctor that he doesn't want to design and mill. Instead get a great intraoral scanner and save money/time by letting us design and complete your restoration.

2bearnest

Reaction score
Anyone have an opinion on the best distributors/channel partners for iTero and True Definition? Core3D seems like a good choice for iTero. Jensen or Benco for True Definition?

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
who is authorized to sell trios in USA(california). How is the support as compare to Cerec

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
CAP is a distributor for all of N America. We have comprehensive support and want to distribute through laboratory partners. I'm really not sure how Patterson supports Cerec. But, I know we are providing great support. You can find many CAP customers here on DLN that experience CAP training and support as needed.
You can check us out at www.cap-us.com or you can reach me at 877-977-7889.