Tissue Compression Pontic/Hybrids

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I am curious what people use for their tissue compression(basal) number in exocad. I typically do -.03 on pontic sites. I am mainly wondering what should be done on a maxillary hybrid I dont want air infiltration, but also dont want it to not fully seat. What numbers does everyone use?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Apparently I am asking a trade secret or something. Plenty of views no responses.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Apparently I am asking a trade secret or something. Plenty of views no responses.
first time seeing the post...

some of this is Dr specific. i have some that want more tissue contact than others, and some that want very minimal for cleansability reasons.
and then of course it also depends upon the bone/tissue condition. is it healthy? compromised?

i suggest a call to the Dr to discuss options. we range from 0.0 to -.06 depending upon the client and the situation.
more communication with the practice is needed to make these decisions. heck, the surgeon may advise one way or another.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
I am curious what people use for their tissue compression(basal) number in exocad. I typically do -.03 on pontic sites. I am mainly wondering what should be done on a maxillary hybrid I dont want air infiltration, but also dont want it to not fully seat. What numbers does everyone use?
Certainly more freedom on Max, certainly less with Mand.

kimba

kimba

Reaction score
Sorry kraver I wasn’t ghosting you, I generally go 0.06

DigiSculpt Design Center

DigiSculpt Design Center

Reaction score
-0.12, followed by a nice smoothing