Three PFM with chrome?!

C

chromecobalt

Reaction score
Hello people, Ive recently done a three single PFM on a chrome patient but the client sent us the study models for the chromes only.
Did not mention anything in regards to fit to chrome so I just assumed he was going to make a new set of chromes for the upper.
He calls me up saying that it doesnt fit, crowns are ****e and says he wants a new chrome extremely fast.

Where the ^&%& did I go wrong? Do you guys get many random accounts like this? How do you handle these type of situations?

P

paulg100

Reaction score
how on earth do you make crowns fit a chrome...without the chrome?

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Is a chrome an RPD?

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
What we have here is a failure to communicate. Tell him you'll do the crowns again with a new master C&B impression with the partial in place as it should have been the first time. His problem was sending you insufficient information and yours was not asking for a clarification of the instructions. As for who pays we all know what direction that will run.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
For crowns under exisitng partials we have been doing double scans of the preop to make either stain and glaze emax from a PMMA milled patten or a FCZ. Works amazingly well if the preop is to contour and fits the partial well.

C

chromecobalt

Reaction score
Problem is he adjusted the chrome till destruction and thats not good. What he tells me is that I didnt read my instructions and I didnt tell him that I needed chrome from my side.
All the other chrome fitment from the other lab he tells me that there are no problems, just minor adjustments and it fitted perfectly for PFM. ****ing liar.
now i have to ****ing cast chrome, and we all know whos paying for it.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
I think the blame is 50/50 he didnt use his common sense(if he has any) but at the same time you should have asked. he wouldn't have sent you study models of the existing chromes for nothing.
My dentists do the same but with scanning technology its easy as pie.
if not it's a bitch.
Good luck with the chrome!
Crown to Denture 1.jpg