Surgical guides

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
digital guided surgery or send it to a wing it with acrylic lab and I'm the bad guy that sends work to China.......Oh MY!

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
digital guided surgery or send it to a wing it with acrylic lab and I'm the bad guy that sends work to China.......Oh MY!
How did china come into this? guided on full arch cases is great but the surgeon has to know how to work around the alveolectomy post implant placement. It's usually pretty tough to do it the other way around and still have a guide that has enough pins to stabilise it. But you know that Tom.

on the occlusion front, You can make a putty key from the opposing on the articulated pre op models with the cross mounted immediate denture before surgery.
Transfer to the mouth will be a heap easier and more reliable.
lute denture/guide in place in that bite to temp cylinders through holes in the front of the guide/denture (depending on workflow).

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Yes , something to correct tissue flap displacement which tended to throw off occlusion. I was thinking of a gelb type appliance with a vertical opening that would allow tacking the anterior most cylinder which would lock in initial position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
I've done conversions for a number of different surgeons, never had this issue crop up.
However, a simple putty bite registration from the articulation should do the trick.

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
Thanks guys for your input. And sorry Tom, we're not all sophisticated and who's calling you a bad guy ? It makes no difference to me what you do or where you send your work, that's your choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.