Straumann tissue level cad choices

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
What are my options for WN tissue level abutments for a single molar? Must be 110% authentic super duper better than any cheap third party abutment(even there own third party) capital "S" Straumann.

Pete

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Send the case to a lab that has a straumann etkon scanner and have them do it. January straumann will open their library up to 3shape labs and we will be able to make authentic bone and tissue level abutment.

M

martintay

Reaction score
As above - or buy their UCLA gold abutment and wax and cast on .

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
Options are titanium abutment or Variobase. Variobase is a titanium interface with a zirconia portion on top. Send to a lab with a Straumann or Dental Wings scanner as mentioned above. Other option is to send it to Straumanns scan and shape service.

M

martintay

Reaction score
Bone level -Regular X Fit . Gold "Cast-On" But you get the idea if you don`t want too mill. 428.JPG 430.JPG

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
For cement retained what is the zirconia cad option? All zirconia or hybrid? What are the options for screw retained other than ucla type?

Pete

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
CAD I think ZR is only for the bone level, other options on screw retained other then UCLA, probably CAD and cut in CrCo but no other option for authentic, you must their UCLA fixture. They might not have ZR on the tissue level fixtures only Ti and UCLA.

M

martintay

Reaction score
For cement retained what is the zirconia cad option? All zirconia or hybrid? What are the options for screw retained other than ucla type?

Pete

Full Zr - not hybrid. For screw retained - Coron (NP) , Ti or Zr . Can you use a stock cementable abutment ?

M

martintay

Reaction score
^ I think ? Haven`t done a WN in a while - so I may stand to be corrected ! Take a look at their web-site . it has all the info. If you plan on doing more ask for their "Planning Flow Chart" . It has all the components and options for all fixtures and is a very easy to understand reference / ordering guide.

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score

Pete

For cement retained or screw retained WN you have the hybrid option. No full zirconia.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Jo, just inserted a Variobase on a bonelevel. How are you
telling your DDS accounts to bond crown to abutment?
How long has your variobase been so far?
LCM

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
Jo, just inserted a Variobase on a bonelevel. How are you
telling your DDS accounts to bond crown to abutment?
How long has your variobase been so far?
LCM
If it is a full contour zirconia over the Variobase then I would have the Dr bond the pieces together after contacts and occlusion are worked out. If the zirconia portion is shaped for a cementable restoration to go over it then the lab should bond the Variobase. The manufacturer recommends Panavia F2 and Multilink Implant. I've used other bonding agents in the past for different implant systems such as Calibra.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Thanks, I used the ARC (Relyx) from 3M and cement outsider the mouth as far as possible (occl
window for screw retention).
I wonder if this will last longer than the original versions (Full zirconia).
Cheers!
LCM

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
Thanks, I used the ARC (Relyx) from 3M and cement outsider the mouth as far as possible (occl
window for screw retention).
I wonder if this will last longer than the original versions (Full zirconia).
Cheers!
LCM
The weak point with a through and throug zirconia is the interface to the implant. With the Variobase the bonding is the weak area. It is cheaper and easier to rebond in case of failure in my opinion. If the through and through zirconia fails it is catastrophic and requires a costly remake.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
I agree. Will let you know if anything happens with this new line.
LCM

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
3Shape says they have a .dme file available for variobase? anyone have it? did you get it from straumann or your 3shape reseller?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Yeah we just started using them since Straumann is strong arming a bunch of my clients telling them how inferior the cad bases I use are . I have to admit I like them, just hope they come out with a bridge or non eng solution. As for the price its sucks its 135 but its the cheapest way to make a screw retain crown and be straumann compliant.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
John, if Nobel makes your abutment,they can hardly say it's inferior.

Same for Medentica.

Top Bottom