Stl files

B

Bowman1989

Reaction score
I know this a stupid question, but can a dentist email me an stl file as is or do they need to do any specific (compressed file, etc). I have the Sirona in lab software and have only dealt with Sirona offices, but with this new one I’m trying to find a work around to receive their files.

Cleo

Cleo

Reaction score
Depends on how big the file is. Either way it will work. The problem with sirona is that it typically doesn't allow a doctor to export a finished stl (a ready to mill crown) unless they have an inlab license to do so. If you just want an export of the scan file it will depend on the scanner that they have. Some only have a subscription to the connect service and only will go through that. Some can export stl files of the scan easily enough and that would work great.

B

Bowman1989

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, they have a prime scan scanner if that helps any. Problem I’m having is the dr doesn’t know much about it so I’m trying to help walk him through it but I’ve never had experience with that scanner.

GhostFake

GhostFake

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, they have a prime scan scanner if that helps any. Problem I’m having is the dr doesn’t know much about it so I’m trying to help walk him through it but I’ve never had experience with that scanner.
I'm not 100% sure how they can do it on their end, but in Inlab its as easy as exporting and changing the file type to an .stl. We have a couple offices that do that and email them to us and it works out just fine.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
They can, if they have a gmail account it will upload the stl to the onedrive then just send you a link in the email. Or they dropbox it to you.

Cleo

Cleo

Reaction score
Are you trying to get just scan data or a crown that the doctor designed and wants you to mill? 2 very different things in sirona

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
If they have primescan and you have InLab the easiest option is to use case connect or DS core. It’s made for this. His Dentsply rep should be able to help him.

Top Bottom