Looking for Lab staining and glazing crowns

S

sampson

Reaction score
Hi , looking at outsourcing to a milling facility and then staining and glazing ( zirconia , emax ) crowns and bridge units on their return,
Does any one have before and after photos that show how units benefit from this treatment ?
Thanks

AlienMilling

AlienMilling

Sponsors
Reaction score
Hi There, we are a milling center that offers stain and glaze services.
I don't have any before and after photos on hand.

PM Me for more information.

S

sampson

Reaction score
Hi There, we are a milling center that offers stain and glaze services.
I don't have any before and after photos on hand.

PM Me for more information.
thank you --- i did think of you -- seen your ads

S

sampson

Reaction score
figured i was looking at individuially colouring / staining to match existing dentition

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Some of the color is infiltrated before sintering... its the difference between stark white and adding chroma or incisal effects. This will get you 90% of the way there for most shades. Sometimes darker shades need more color. Dont fool with normal zirconia glaze and baking 2-3x. Just go with insync from jensen , put on a thick coat and fire one time. The crowns you get back from a milling center wont be glazed and IMO mechanically polishing them doesnt get a good result.

AlienMilling

AlienMilling

Sponsors
Reaction score
We mill using pre-shaded zirconia according to the patient's desired shade. If the lab orders "Stain and Glaze" as a finishing option, we use Jensen InSync Stains and Glazes to give the restoration a quality finish.

S

sampson

Reaction score
Some of the color is infiltrated before sintering... its the difference between stark white and adding chroma or incisal effects. This will get you 90% of the way there for most shades. Sometimes darker shades need more color. Dont fool with normal zirconia glaze and baking 2-3x. Just go with insync from jensen , put on a thick coat and fire one time. The crowns you get back from a milling center wont be glazed and IMO mechanically polishing them doesnt get a good result.
thank you

S

sampson

Reaction score
We mill using pre-shaded zirconia according to the patient's desired shade. If the lab orders "Stain and Glaze" as a finishing option, we use Jensen InSync Stains and Glazes to give the restoration a quality finish.
thank you -- ps i sent a message request for info

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
We only use pre-shaded discs with AG Multi Layered crowns. We pre-stain the FCZ unit by brush techniques..
Dipping is mainly for copings. I always find myself adding a slight bit of post-stain like InSync in the cervical or central grove area or
blue, voilet or grey to the insical.. I guess we could just bang them out with no post-stain, since they are about a 95% match to the desired shade most
of the time.. But I like to nail the restoration by post staining ;)

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Hi , looking at outsourcing to a milling facility and then staining and glazing ( zirconia , emax ) crowns and bridge units on their return,
Does any one have before and after photos that show how units benefit from this treatment ?
Thanks
we hand color 99% of our zirc too. have some pics I can share if youd like to see.

Top Bottom