Sintering beads??

E

e...w...h

Reaction score
Scott, you're wrong on this. We cover every batch that goes in the oven. These beads yellow, others do not. We mill hundreds of units per day... we mill a lot too ;)

It's possible I have beads which are not meant for sintering.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Send them to me.

I'll use them.

PM me your email for return shipping label to be sent.

E

e...w...h

Reaction score
They were returned.

What's the reason for the attitude? Is it not possible for Scott to be wrong? ;)

If you are sure it's not the beads, our trays are always covered and other beads work fine in the same oven... what else would be the issue?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Well, i guess I won't know.

I was going to test them, but....

You insist I am wrong, but I use them every friggin day for more than One Hundred units daily.

I'd be out of business if they didn't work.

Yellowing is caused by exposed Molybendium elements burning in oxygen atmosphere.

You are welcome to research it yourself. It is very old problem, and nothing new.

That is why all elements are covered in a Silica layer. It will flake off due to mismatch of C.T.E.

I have a bit of experience with playing outside the box on this topic, that's why I know.

The beads do not cause Yellowing. If you have some sort of scientific answer, then that's another story.

I think you are just assuming something that is wrong.

Sorry if you don't believe me.

Last edited:
E

e...w...h

Reaction score
fwiw, the beads were labeled as QBZ-58a

Is it possible they needed to be run through a cleaning cycle? They were not stark white... they were off white and that same color seemed to transpose over to the copings/full contours. I want to be wrong because they were a hell of a lot cheaper.

E

e...w...h

Reaction score
haha, jeez. Scott, I understand the whole idea behind heating elements yellowing units. I've been doing this for a long time. Likely as long as you.... mill well over a hundred units daily for the past 7 years. While I don't have the time or capacity to test everything scientifically, I have seen just about every issue you can think of and I usually work with the manufacturers to fix them. This one, however doesn't seem to be the same issue. The units looks "stained" and not the typical look of heating element issues. I didn't have time to play around with this as our ovens are always running so I simply returned them.

So, all things being equal, if the other beads we use... in the same oven... using the same cycle... in the same tray... with the same zirconia... DO NOT shade the units, then why would both of the two test batches with these beads come out shaded? It is the only thing different in the process. I would like to hear your theory, truly. There are a few types of beads on their website, maybe we got beads which aren't meant for sintering but rather grinding (if there is a difference)?

I'm not attacking your expertise, Scott. So please don't take it that way.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry, I have quit smoking Pot and drinking.

I want to punch everyone in the face today. LOL

I'll be "Normal" soon. ?? Whatever that is for me?

Been away from home 99% of the time the last 3 weeks.

Haven't had any scooty from wife in a while.....tired and exausted.

Two employees out sick today...about to loose it!

We are super busy, and I will be hauling a55 to airpost with seconds to spare at 9:00PM tonight....been here since 5:00AM!!

I need a beer, but don't have any!!!

CALGON...take me away!!! LOL

a4.bp.blogspot.com__JSj6a5bnoHQ_TqdlB_iZHZI_AAAAAAAAB6E_PzTNo562a4db1285453d3f0d2c89b0f7f31772.jpg
a4.bp.blogspot.com__JSj6a5bnoHQ_TqdlB_iZHZI_AAAAAAAAB6E_PzTNo562a4db1285453d3f0d2c89b0f7f31772.jpg

Last edited:
3DCAM

3DCAM

Reaction score
Do the sintering beads need to be Pre-sintered alone before use with crowns ?
what is the temperature ?

Brent Harvey

Brent Harvey

Reaction score
No sintering beads do not need to be presintered. Just put them in with your restorations at the same time.