Sinter Heating Elements

user name

user name

Reaction score
No issues yet...But I think I should have a spare element on hand. Mihm Vogt HT Speed.

$1000 a piece retail. (X 6 :eek:) Fortunately they can be replaced as they fail; not needing to replace them all.

There must be a better way. Where do you go to save $$?

B

bigbrush

Reaction score
Look for Kantal or Schupp.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i have a sintra, no idea what mine cost but have been considering grabbing a spare to have on hand too.

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
i have a sintra, no idea what mine cost but have been considering grabbing a spare to have on hand too.

I think all of those need replaced at the same time. The cost is much better than the Mihm. I think approximately $1,200 will buy all of the Sintra Plus element.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I think all of those need replaced at the same time. The cost is much better than the Mihm. I think approximately $1,200 will buy all of the Sintra Plus element.
ok, that isnt too bad. i hope i have a lot of hours left...but want to be sure i have it on hand before it starts raining (and pouring) with money consuming issues. they all seem to come at once, and usually when the lab is strapped for capital LOL

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
ok, that isnt too bad. i hope i have a lot of hours left...but want to be sure i have it on hand before it starts raining (and pouring) with money consuming issues. they all seem to come at once, and usually when the lab is strapped for capital LOL

LOL, I understand.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I will also add, from experience, if you see iridescent bubbles forming on your elements, you shouldve already ordered replacements..

KTR

KTR

Reaction score
We have 2 Mihm-Vogt and I think by the time one element goes out, they will have a new furnace you would want to buy. They last!

Brent Harvey

Brent Harvey

Reaction score
Normally when one goes out the others will quickly follow. Best to keep a set on hand.

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
For those of you worried about your MoSi2 elements...they can be replaced individually if one fails. However when you purchase your replaxement. Make sure you get the same version of MoSi2. They are not all the same. We carry 2 versions one is less expensove than the other and has difference performance capabilties. But before you decide you need to replace them:
1. Take some.pictures and send them to your dealer. They might be able to help ypu get ir clean. Without additives.

2. Make sure your if you color your zirconia you dry properly. If you used to color your zieconia and your just now seeing the effects of element oxidation...realize that it can come from other places or even from past usage.

3. Another indication of element wear is qt the terminals where the elements have a special coating that can become damaged over time.

If you want more information on the elements or if tou want the mihm vogt purge cycle - message me.