single unit

L

littlefairy

Reaction score
Single unit start and finish in one bake using ex3 porcelain.
photo.JPG photo (100).JPG photo (99).JPG photo (97).JPG photo (96).JPG photo (95).JPG

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I like your nice clean models

The buildup looks good and the finish looks good.

My question is does one bake with adjustments take less time than 2 bakes without?

L

littlefairy

Reaction score
It take me 10 mins to build and 2 mins to contour. If I can build in one bake with minus adjust, it would be better than two bake with no adjust. Because of the oven times with two bake, it take most of my times waiting when I'm on the piece work (build and contour my own work) and we also have only 3 porcelain ovens. :))))

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
It's not fair for me to comment on ceramic techniques when you are being paid by piece work.I understand why a one bake build is important.

Accuracy is still the best time saver.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
Ill comment when someone posts a 1 bake build thats worth commenting on :confused:

And im not holding my breath for that :)

What i will say is your never going to move forward very fast from a quality & esthetic's point of view until you learn a multi stage build up technique.

Then when you've mastered that, you can slowly start moving into quality 1 bake builds (im years away from that yet)

a 2 powder 1 stage production build is always gonna be what it is, mediocre.

Sorry if that sounds harsh but its true IMHO.

Doesent mean theres no place for it, if you have anough work and can bash a ton of these out all day long, youll earn more money than i ever will!

just remember who your competing against..Mr CAD/CAM and eventually your gonna loose, So id be concentrating on elevating your self out of that market asap.

Last edited:
pingvin

pingvin

Reaction score
Nice work! Which external stain did you use to produce oclusal cracks? How do you do it? Mix stain on palette and apply? I usually pick up stain with the brush directly from stain jar and apply. If not soaked enough I gently add a stroke with wetter brush.

From pictures it looks like you stain it twice? The picture before the last, was this after stain?

Most of my lateral one crown PFM work is one bake as well (EX 3) with using 3-4 powders, many frontal single crown works can be done in one bake as well with 5-6 powders. I recently had 6 unit frontal case, but all solo crowns. I managed to do it in one bake (it actually surprised me),but would probably be faster with two bakes. Doctor is picky, but satisfied with my work. It can definitely be done.

Last edited:
NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Yes Nondas did!......wow

L

littlefairy

Reaction score
I used 5 powders technique to build all my singles with 1 bake and stain it once. From the picture before last, i just wet the crown so you can see the occlusal surface. That picture is before stain. I do two to three bakes on bridges and custom shade case that require internal staining with luster bake. As far as occlusal stain, I mix on the palette and apply using dark brown stain.

Also check this out:

Niche Dental Studio (Through the lens) joshua polansky - YouTube

Last edited:
P

paulg100

Reaction score
"Nondas Vlachopoulos proves it can be done in one bake :
Provisional Maryland Layering by Nondas Vlachopoulos - YouTube "

Oh yes of course it can be done, just very very difficult.

You have to have COMPLETE control of shrinkage (which means you almost certainly need to be doing your own metal frame for the case also) and intimate knowledge of the ceramic system ur using, so that you know intensities of colours etc.

And that guy does some fantastic work.

questions on that you tube vid..

1. was the crown we see being built the same one shown in the mouth?
2. how many trial builds did it take to suss the colours and intensities out?

I will be AMAZED if this was first build out of the gate, and if it was, there is a large element of luck there, which is what a 10 out of 10 is..Luck!

Even the best guys in the world will tell you that one stage builds like that are trial and error.

Imagine you make the mamalons slightly to intense. its a complete strip back! urgh..

D

Daniela

Reaction score
"Nondas Vlachopoulos proves it can be done in one bake :
Provisional Maryland Layering by Nondas Vlachopoulos - YouTube "

Oh yes of course it can be done, just very very difficult.

You have to have COMPLETE control of shrinkage (which means you almost certainly need to be doing your own metal frame for the case also) and intimate knowledge of the ceramic system ur using, so that you know intensities of colours etc.

And that guy does some fantastic work.

I will be AMAZED if this was first build out of the gate, and if it was, there is a large element of luck there, which is what a 10 out of 10 is..Luck!

Even the best guys in the world will tell you that one stage builds like that are trial and error.

Imagine you make the mamalons slightly to intense. its a complete strip back! urgh..

Ask him or take one of his courses and let us know. You'll find him on Facebook .

user name

user name

Reaction score
Nondas Vlachopoulos: Nice choice using a Metallica song on his video. There were no margins on a maryland to contend with shrinking from as in a crown. Doing a bulk build on a Zir frame violates the rules on achieving a good bond for expecting longevity.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score

This restoration is a temporary maryland . 1 bake only . It was cemented at the lab . I met Nondas this weekend and asked him .