Single Central Help!!

user name

user name

Reaction score
I agree with everyone. It looks nice. Most people would be very happy. Did I miss what shade glass you used? I see the B1-A1 tabs...Looks like you might have used B1. that dang ceram runs a tad low value. If I were to do it over, Id plump up the coping at the cervical and give it a bit of A1 color and reduce the amount of ceram thickness needed to avoid the value drop.
Dont beat your self up. That is nice work.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
The big problem is the tooth itself its grey no mater what you put on top the underlying structure it's going to throw a shadow because you cant veneer the whole tooth below the gum etc I think you are as close as possible on this one its great. Willy Geller has given whole lectures on this he even tried using dicor post and cores they looked great but they would break after a while.So seeing the patient will show them after going back and forth that this is as good as it will get.But you will need to go thru the process anyway.Good luck

GAP

GAP

Reaction score
I'd grind back a little, mix BL1 in with whatever dentin you used and put it at ging, maybe a light wash in the middle 3rd if the value looks low. the orange mamelons i would mix ceram shade stain 0 with cream. layer over inc with OE 5 (has a nice amber hue) in lat seg with whatever enamel powder you used. SI grey in small bits mesial and distal.

let us know whatever you do, I'd like to know how to cure crazy--lol [crazy patients-that is]

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I think everything looks great but the mamelons, which most peolple dont want anyway! I think youre gonna need something more flourescent. you can see how reflective those mamelons are. I would stain mixed with FLUO glaze, then layer clear over, then order some initial zr.

Emax ceram has the salmon mamelon doesnt it? at least d.sign did.. that would help.. salmon or orange. IMO

S

SSDS

Reaction score
I think it may have to do with the core colour selection, value needs to be higher. Drs expectation and how much he is paying for that crown need to be weighed up. A live build up with patient there can take a few hours, is he prepared to pay to achieve ultimate result on single anterior crown

C

charles007

Reaction score
I agree, core is to dark and you can't stain the grey out even though the shade is sooo close......Adding white modifiers may work but that would be a lot of trials & errors..
To get this monkey off your back, I would go to the office with a GC Lustre kit and toaster oven and stain with his lighting conditions, and get the patient & doc to agree its the best that can be done. Losing time is more than worth another remake. It also lets you see if you really need to remake the frame and start all over. It also lets you take the shade with your shade guide and translucent/enamel shade tabs if your have them for your porcelain system !
Sandblast the surface to get rid of any traces of stains before using Lustre.
Privately, I would tell the doc he needs to start using the 3d shade guide on lighter anterior cases to insure the value is correct. Explain to your account how it can help to take stump shades, and also value shades if you aren't sure using only the classical shade guide.
From the picture you posted, this is a perfect example of why you must have a 3D shade guide and consider the value first.
Great work on your part !

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
tell them the next time they want a change that you're running low on cigars and it is becoming increasingly difficult do stain these cases.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Riley just tell your Doc youre ready to retire or kill yourself.. then give him my number! Problem solved

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Get a call today from dif doc office.
"This single central is a little off and wondering if you could come in." Aarrgh:(
Shade requested is A2. I think I did an A2 alright. So I come back, grind everything off, relayer and get back a few hrs later. Huge amount of time gone and stress level raised higher. In office custom shade and reshade charges will be added.
image.jpg

user name

user name

Reaction score
Which one is a crown?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Nine. That was what they originally called for, A2. I don't have a pic of the final.
That was a compliment bro. Youve apparently set the bar very high for yourself.

Id be hoping that there is just a bit of 'A' stain on the cervical that you could rubber-off and polish it up.

Toast

Toast

Reaction score
Get a call today from dif doc office.
"This single central is a little off and wondering if you could come in." Aarrgh:(
Shade requested is A2. I think I did an A2 alright.

If the dr asked for an A2 and nothing more and that's what you produced I think you should charge at least $100 for an in-office custom shade plus your crown fee or adjustment fee. This dr will remember to send the next pt for a custom shade if he or she has to pay for their error this time. If they don't at least you'll be partially compensated for your time and effort.
In situations like this, with a few exceptions, I insist that the pt comes to the lab and charge $50 for a custom shade. I realized the more I jump up from the bench and rush to the office while the pt is still in the chair the more often they're going to call and ask me to do it.

Top Bottom