Sculpture fibrekor, still alive?

The Veneer Guy

The Veneer Guy

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has any experience with this stuff. I'd like to use it to make some nice long term temps (without bothering with acrylics),but I never used it before. Recently I found a kit on eBay for cheap with pressure pot, curing unit and cure lite chamber and need instructions but Jeneric Pentron doesn't really have much info on this. What instruments can I use and is it a composite that sticks like the stump shades for Emax? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
We still do the odd unit. It would be great for temps if ya got it cheap. Easy for doc to add on in mouth

technician

technician

Reaction score
I did lots of those 12+ years ago.

And this is just my experience with this material.

If you do them correctly they look really nice.

But it took long time to make a crown or bridge because if you build them with too thick layers the light curing doesn't work.

Using the material if found it to be kind of messy.

Also the fibre structure has to be done correctly because if it's a bridge it'll fail.

No long spans and no end-pontics (I don't if thats the right term in english)

You can't polish the material so you have to put a glaze on it. (kind of messy)

Conclusion if you don't get paid for the time making them.......

I would do or send for a milled PMMA (long time provisional) and if you would like to make those more aesthetically you could add some incisal acrylics.

Cheers!

ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
I am making it. Temps looking gorgeous! Sometimes I make acrylic temps then cutback and layer with composite. We making inlays and on-lays too. Composite will never go away completely,it is just not for everyone[takes long time to do] and especially not for one who does't want to pay extra for craftsmanship.,composites aesthetically looks very good vs acrylics.

We don't use Pentron or any other big company brands, I found that they no better than any other unknown composites, just more expensive and getting old fast we have our own "way",small l local company,they sell us very cheap in bulk.

Last edited:
Smilemaker1234

Smilemaker1234

Reaction score
Check out Radica material from Dentsply for temps. They come out beautiful. We found it better than Sculpture or acrylic for temps.

Top Bottom