Scanner + CAD Software for Implants

O

omsk

Reaction score
Now that Chicago and IDS passed,

What would be your recommendation of scanner if you want to mainly focus on larger implant cases?

I have experience with an older version of exocad and I can recognize how versatile it is. It seems the new version is much much better.

It seems that in recent years 3Shape's price has come down significantly however I have no experience with it and I am not really sure how good it is for this type of cases.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Medit T500 would be my choice with exocad. I know folks getting great results with the E3 and the D**** versions as well. However, I can't stand 3Shape's business model so I would never recommend their products (even though I have, begrudgingly). However, as you probably already know, it's not so much about the hardware (scanner/software),it'll be about the support you receive from the reseller, large implants sometimes pose different issues, a great support/reseller is what I'd first look for.

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
Open Technologies scanners are outstanding and work great with exocad. We scan all our cases with it including large implant restorations

O

omsk

Reaction score
Medit T500 would be my choice with exocad. I know folks getting great results with the E3 and the D**** versions as well. However, I can't stand 3Shape's business model so I would never recommend their products (even though I have, begrudgingly). However, as you probably already know, it's not so much about the hardware (scanner/software),it'll be about the support you receive from the reseller, large implants sometimes pose different issues, a great support/reseller is what I'd first look for.

Thanks this is what I had in mind + exocad.

It seems now that 3Shape is bundling their software, it might be cheaper to get 3shape with all the modules than exocad.
They are also now releasing the new E4 which seems pretty good and more accurate than the other E series scanners.

However it seems that exocad is also introducing some sort of bundling with discounts and new yearly licensing at a lower price. Not so sure about this one but I am trying to get some quotes.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Thanks this is what I had in mind + exocad.

It seems now that 3Shape is bundling their software, it might be cheaper to get 3shape with all the modules than exocad.
They are also now releasing the new E4 which seems pretty good and more accurate than the other E series scanners.

However it seems that exocad is also introducing some sort of bundling with discounts and new yearly licensing at a lower price. Not so sure about this one but I am trying to get some quotes.
Keep at it....and let us know what ya decide. It's a rapidly changing, you can always hold off, but how long before you really start losing business because of it.

Top Bottom