San diego wax set up????

rcamarena38

rcamarena38

Reaction score
Hey group! I'll make this quick. I'm looking for a class that can teach me to set up teeth. From start to finish in wax. I know how to bribg the wax model to finish in acrylic fine but I'm kind of stuck. I work at an all on 4 and I've learned all types of stuff but I won't get anywhere unless I do it myself. Any tips or info would be awesome! Thanks all

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
call your vita rep about their course. I seem to remember it is based in CA.

C

cdtwade

Reaction score
Find job were they will let you set teeth. You can't take a class and learn to set teeth teeth.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
There are only 9 dental lab tech schools now but I thought CA still had one. Possibly take a night course in dentures. The Vita course is a good introduction, the Densply is good introduction, and Ivoclair course in FL is good but the Ivoclair is not exactly for beginners. Order the Massad CD's might help, or try his course or precourse prep. but the best way is over the shoulder practice.
Ask boss if you can do some on your own time after hours, on an old set of models.
Go to the NADL website and order a copy of the air force manual.
You will be better off when you learn the terminology.

rcamarena38

rcamarena38

Reaction score
There are only 9 dental lab tech schools now but I thought CA still had one. Possibly take a night course in dentures. The Vita course is a good introduction, the Densply is good introduction, and Ivoclair course in FL is good but the Ivoclair is not exactly for beginners. Order the Massad CD's might help, or try his course or precourse prep. but the best way is over the shoulder practice.
Ask boss if you can do some on your own time after hours, on an old set of models.
Go to the NADL website and order a copy of the air force manual.
You will be better off when you learn the terminology.
Thank you so much for your help. I'll look into it. I know there's a zahn course for setting teeth. I'm doing everything in the middle but none of the foundation stuff (conversions, partial dentures and full dentures, essix splints and a ton more). I will look into whatever I can to get this down correctly

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
rcamarena38

rcamarena38

Reaction score
I posted that, the link is no longer valid...
I can send them to admin (will have to find them first) or put them in dropbox

just pm me

edit... the dropbox links at the bottom of the post work :)
They work though. You mean that they do work? I downloaded the 2005 air force manual[emoji106] I don't think I saw the 2015 but it's awesome I have the old school manual

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
What the.... I've been looking for this book forever! Thank you so much for this file[emoji1] I finally have it! You all have been so helpful!

:) Found all kinds of stuff floating around here in the digital ocean.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
The utube said are interesting, I've noticed a tendency to demonstrate a techniques without covering the preliminary that got to the point the technique demonstrated.
They often have been nicely edited to not really show he actual time to expect the concept to take.
Part of what dentures take is artistic, problem solving, practice, & GMP.
and for a reality check try to repair a Chinese unknown material denture with FDA / CE materials.

Top Bottom