Restorations Du Jour

M

martintay

Reaction score
mokome, do your self a favour, go and buy oliver brix's new book. It will explain the above questions and all your other questions about emax, better than any one can explain here on a forum.
Paul could you give me the name of this book and where to get it ? You obviously rate it ! Is it Quintessence ? What price. Thankyou.Martin.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Paul's other favorite book is " To Cerec with love"

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Paul could you give me the name of this book and where to get it ? You obviously rate it ! Is it Quintessence ? What price. Thankyou.Martin.

Hi Martin, I know I'm not Paul, but..:) it is published by Palmeri Publishing, and sold through their Spectrum Dialogue store. The book is titled, Fascinating All-Ceramics, by Oliver Brix, and can be found here: Online Store

I just bought one myself after I saw him in Chicago (it was on back order),it's supposed to be very good.

edit: cost with shipping, US dollars, $224.00

Last edited:
Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Anyone has feedback about Aldo Zilio's book ''Zirconia-the power of light'' ?

M

martintay

Reaction score
Hi Martin, I know I'm not Paul, but..:) it is published by Palmeri Publishing, and sold through their Spectrum Dialogue store. The book is titled, Fascinating All-Ceramics, by Oliver Brix, and can be found here: Online Store

I just bought one myself after I saw him in Chicago (it was on back order),it's supposed to be very good.

edit: cost with shipping, US dollars, $224.00

Thankyou very much Car 54 .Much appreciated .

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"Paul's other favorite book is " To Cerec with love""

yeah i bought extra copies of that so i can burn one now and again.

Yeah "Fascinating All-Ceramics" is a good book Martin, lots and lots of info, not just pretty pictures. Has alot of the info i learnt at IDEA in the states, so for the money its a steal.

Last edited:
M

martintay

Reaction score
"Paul's other favorite book is " To Cerec with love""

yeah i bought extra copies of that so i can burn one now and again.

Yeah "Fascinating All-Ceramics" is a good book Martin, lots and lots of info, not just pretty pictures. Has alot of the info i learnt at IDEA in the states, so for the money its a steal.

Thanks Paul.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Just ordered it ! Yesterday I received his first book , ''Fundamentals of Esthetics'' . I like it a lot , I read two chapters before I went to bed ! Very nice indeed !

M

mokome

Reaction score
Hi,Paul. So this is the book you were suggesting for me to buy instead of Fundamentals of Aesthetics? My goodness, without some one else pointing out this book, I thought Fundamentals of aesthetics is the one.

M

mokome

Reaction score
Hi, Al. I saw what you posted on page 5~6 for step by step molor build up. So you are using "Inline" instead of original "D.Sign"? I thought you are using original "D.Sign" because the way you made your answer for my question as if you are warning for "Inline" less chroma nature. How about the Page 47? lower multiple implant case, did you use "Inline" or original "D.Sign"?

Last edited:
cheadlemick

cheadlemick

Reaction score
You need to get out more!
Just ordered it ! Yesterday I received his first book , ''Fundamentals of Esthetics'' . I like it a lot , I read two chapters before I went to bed ! Very nice indeed !

M

martintay

Reaction score
Did this today, but not that happy with it !!

I said i wasn`t happy with this bridge , well it was meticulously articulated to his occlusal registration (which appeared accurate ) and oh what joy-the bite is high !

cheadlemick

cheadlemick

Reaction score
I said i wasn`t happy with this bridge , well it was meticulously articulated to his occlusal registration (which appeared accurate ) and oh what joy-the bite is high !
You forgot to throw the bones didn't you!

M

martintay

Reaction score
You forgot to throw the bones didn't you!

Mick this guy is hard work ! If 0.5mm infra-occlusion he wants porcelain adding !! Interpolated multiple 3D shades etc , i`m sure you know the score.

M

mokome

Reaction score
building liquids

I learned this building technique from Kenneth Guthrie. I couldnt productively use his exact technique so I made changes to suit me.

He used a #8 brush for the entire build, That took me too long so I use a spatula, a small pointed carver, and a brush.

12 minutes is the max time I want to spend on a posterior build. After that Im loosing money.
Im happy with an average of sub 10 min builds. Bi's are faster, large odd shaped molars longer, so it averages out.
If a Dr is paying more per unit I spend more time with detail in the build. Some Drs send pics for posterior shades and want them matched. But there is only so much you can do with a molar.

Ive been doing it this way for over 25 years since I first took Ken's courses.
I have no idea where he is now but if your out there Ken, thank you so much I have made alot of money from the techniques you shared.

This prep is a bit short on room. I had to reduce a spot on the opposing lingual cusp. The lingual is also underpreped which seems typical.

Shade A2
I opaqued the occlusal Intensive Incisal so it wouldnt look opaque in the thin areas.
If it was part of a splint and in the esthetic zone I would have opaqued the margin in the D range. D2 or 3. The rest A2.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_5a.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_5b.jpg

I use a wet tray. Powers are always mixed and wet I just add when they get low.
I mix Ivoclars two building liquids(P & L) 50/50. One was to gummy the other didnt stay wet long enough. Gives me the best of both worlds.

Cervical Dentin. I use the Cervical Dentin D2/3 for most everything because that is all Ivoclar has with Inline. It would be nice if they had more.
I dont use the Oclussal Dentin Orange or Brown as much because it is not very forgiving. It is very strong and must be used sparingly or I will be grinding it out.
I can get sloppy with the CD D2/3 and it still blends in.

I like to pick up enough with my spatula to make one swipe across the occlusal and be done with it. It takes a couple at the cervical and I feather it upwards. This should only take seconds.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_5c.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_5d.jpg

Hi Al, this building liquids(P & L) 50/50, what are those P and L represent?
What are the buccal contouring bits that you use?
I am trying to do exactly the way you showed here.

I saw what you posted on page 5~6 for step by step molor build up. So you are using "Inline" instead of original "D.Sign"? I thought you are using original "D.Sign" because the way you made your answer for my question as if you are warning for "Inline" less chroma nature. How about the Page 47? lower multiple implant case, did you use "Inline" or original "D.Sign"?

Also you mentioned pink wheel from Brassler before. what is the name of it and you use only wheel or there is something like bullet shape one?

Thanks.
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_5a.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_5b.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_5c.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_5d.jpg

Last edited:
Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Hi Al, this building liquids(P & L) 50/50, what are those P and L represent?
What are the buccal contouring bits that you use?
I am trying to do exactly the way you showed here.

I saw what you posted on page 5~6 for step by step molor build up. So you are using "Inline" instead of original "D.Sign"? I thought you are using original "D.Sign" because the way you made your answer for my question as if you are warning for "Inline" less chroma nature. How about the Page 47? lower multiple implant case, did you use "Inline" or original "D.Sign"?

Also you mentioned pink wheel from Brassler before. what is the name of it and you use only wheel or there is something like bullet shape one?

Thanks.
I first tried Dsigh on a 4 unit bridge on this thread. I posted the build and final glaze. Dont know what page it is on. But everything before that was inline everything after that is dsign.
No its a wheel. its their pink porc polising wheel but I use them also for polishing full metal crowns and metal margins and linguals on pfms.

P and L is their2 build up liquids. One made it a bit gummy and the other dried too quick so I mixed them together and liked the handling of the porc better. Dont know what P and L stands for.

Last edited:
M

mokome

Reaction score
I first tried Dsigh on a 4 unit bridge on this thread. I posted the build and final glaze. Dont know what page it is on. But everything before that was inline everything after that is dsign.
No its a wheel. its their pink porc polising wheel but I use them also for polishing full metal crowns and metal margins and linguals on pfms.

P and L is their2 build up liquids. One made it a bit gummy and the other dried too quick so I mixed them together and liked the handling of the porc better. Dont know what P and L stands for.

Al, thanks for the answer. I checked Ivoclar site a little bit, and they advertise inline as versatile for different alloys. How about D.sign, is it versatile to many alloys? and can it take numbers of baking like 6 times or more?

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
Al, thanks for the answer. I checked Ivoclar site a little bit, and they advertise inline as versatile for different alloys. How about D.sign, is it versatile to many alloys? and can it take numbers of baking like 6 times or more?

are you talking on full arch cases or is thet your norm on singles- have used inline with tilite and argilite 55 and done 5 bakes on large span bridges with no problem